Gen 3 Width - will it fit in my garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 22 35”. I have a 92” wide garage door opening. Am I wrong to assume that 86.6” with “no mirrors” as stated on specs means mirrors folded? If so, will be real tight. With cameras all around truck would I be able to see clearence while pulling in? Thanks for all the help you guys hand out!
Honestly, I've found the 360 view doesn't give you the granularity you need to use it in pulling in the garage, at least to the side. The front camera is really handy. For the side, I eyeball it and am able to keep it pretty tight since I don't have much room myself- I'm putting my drivers door into the side of my Cayman if I don't. I find backing out more challenging because when your mirror approaches the edge of the garage door they are useless in clearing their own housing at that point. And again, the 360 view doesn't help there.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 22 35”. I have a 92” wide garage door opening. Am I wrong to assume that 86.6” with “no mirrors” as stated on specs means mirrors folded? If so, will be real tight. With cameras all around truck would I be able to see clearence while pulling in? Thanks for all the help you guys hand out!
It is FOLDED. I had the same concern so had to be sure!

1635460593864.png

lobsterman

Reaction score
Thanks, I do have 5” to spare so will have to be very straight going in and out. Really don’t want to leave it outside in the winter here near Buffalo. Although the way things are going I might not have it till spring.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 8ft wide doors and it fits fine with the mirrors out. The mirrors don’t stick out that far past the fenders. I have about 3 inches on either side of the mirrors. Just go slow and you’ll get use to it.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an order in production and I just realized I never measured the dimensions of my garage. Ford website says 86.6” without mirrors (that’ll fit) but 96” with mirrors (won’t fit).

Does anyone know if that means 86.6” with mirrors folded in and 96” without? I can’t imagine mirrors folded out it only adds 10 inches.
If the fit is that tight, you are playing with danger. It will be just a matter of time before you hit the side of the truck trying to get it in your garage or out. I'm sure you are a great driver, but as you get more confident and start doing it faster and paying less attention, there is a good chance it will happen.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the fit is that tight, you are playing with danger. It will be just a matter of time before you hit the side of the truck trying to get it in your garage or out. I'm sure you are a great driver, but as you get more confident and start doing it faster and paying less attention, there is a good chance it will happen.
I did it for years with my old F150.

I remodeled the garage and put in a wider door for the Raptor. No amount of care would have made that happen.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is not 96 wide with the mirrors. my garage door is 8X8 which gives you about a 92 to 93 inch opening. The mirrors clear by about 3 inches on either side. I’ve had 2 Raptors now with out an issue. Pull in straight and put your left mirror close as you pull in and you will be good to go. I had to put the mirrors in on my Superduty which was no big deal unless you forgot:)

lobsterman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it would suck not being able to park in my garage. I will just be careful every time. Just need my truck now, can’t wait!

lobsterman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it would suck not being able to park in my garage. I will just be careful every time. Just need my truck now, can’t wait!
Update: after getting my truck and seeing how little room I had pulling into my 8’ wide garage, I decided to have it widened to 9’. Total cost was $2000 . I plan to keep the truck for several years. For me it was the right decision. Just felt it was a matter of time before I scraped the side.