Gen 3 SPD Trombone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maraim20

Reaction score
Do you have any side by side comparisons of the SPD trombone vs the Ford OEM trombone? I just added the Ford OEM to my 23 Raptor R and its very raspy and doesnt sound good and may want to upgrade to yours. Do you have any videos of the trombone on a raptor r with everything stock and one with the resonators in the tailpipes cut off? In Ca we cant add the downpipes.

Reaction score
In theory, if this trombone is added without the downpipes or exhaust, the overall volume should not increase, right? The trombone should only be changing the tone, not volume, from what I gather.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any side by side comparisons of the SPD trombone vs the Ford OEM trombone? I just added the Ford OEM to my 23 Raptor R and its very raspy and doesnt sound good and may want to upgrade to yours. Do you have any videos of the trombone on a raptor r with everything stock and one with the resonators in the tailpipes cut off? In Ca we cant add the downpipes.
The only R with an spd trombone has SPD downpipes as well - theres sound clips on my IG of the oem trombone and another set of clips with the SPD trombone Ill link.

Downpipes with OEM trombone

Downpipes with SPD Trombone

In theory, if this trombone is added without the downpipes or exhaust, the overall volume should not increase, right? The trombone should only be changing the tone, not volume, from what I gather.
Correct!

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From everything ive noticed (havent touched a dyno in 6 months) yes, its sound only.

The downpipes will add performance and we do have a few sets in stock that will ship out whenever youre ready!

First batch thats not mine or the set on the test R ships next week, nobody has it yet but there are sound clips ive posted around out there.
Fingers crossed I’m in that first batch!