Gen 3.52 R shutting down, like completely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to turn fine in 4a. 4h is where you will have binding issues. (at least thats what i think i know)
yes..correct. except in my situation its not the binding, that being there tells me its connected and the hubs are as well.. I was referring to the noise I keep hearing is either not there or not nearly as prevalent when in 4H.. and when I am in 4A, that noise seems to be related to this 'mode'.. and using the friction plates in xfer case..

guess dealer will hopefully figure it out.. it's too new for me to spend this much time diagnosing something that should have not happened for this generation of builds.. but here i am, cause I'm nerdy enough where I want to know what/why..

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ultimately Id definitely take it to a dealer. Even if you confirm a component to be "off" they are still going to go through the investigation anyway. I've found that knowing too much going to a dealer makes them suspicious....next time I go in with something busted, I'm going to act like I accidentally bought a Raptor instead of a Lariat. Make sure there is zero mud or "activity" of any kind under there.

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ultimately Id definitely take it to a dealer. Even if you confirm a component to be "off" they are still going to go through the investigation anyway. I've found that knowing too much going to a dealer makes them suspicious....next time I go in with something busted, I'm going to act like I accidentally bought a Raptor instead of a Lariat. Make sure there is zero mud or "activity" of any kind under there.
The irony is they actually advertise these on dirt...so it's really a delema. of course, you should not go in there going, ahh maaan.. did this one little jump and whoa.. check out my video! :shakehead:

but yes. absolutely correct... just going in and saying.. I heard a noise when I was driving in sport mode==4A on R's by default..

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to ddddddeeealer monday..

funny, was talking to my car wash guy and mentioned how I have to bring it in.. and then, a tear dripped down the right head lamp! :lol2: it knows.. like the dog when you say vet!

anyway.. updates to come then..

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's at the hospit-ealer
they 'think' it's the front diff.. have to wait till tomorrow when they actually ahem.. open her up. for record, I'm 4 months in owning this. Once 'off road' .. and mild at that.

will update..hopefully w/ pics as they have to 'document' this for submission to Ford since it's a brand new model. Sure they want to know what the failure is and maybe how it happened.

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to know what that noise ended up being?

200.gif

Quiz time.. lets take a quick poll
* IWE(s)
* Transfer case--
* U joints/drive line
* Front Diff
* My Imagination
* Front Tires 'rubbing' something
* Front shafts.... hahah.. said shafts
* Some random foreign object/debris
* Your imagination

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow..so nobody cares to know what happened? or what actually broke?

OK.. moving on. thanks for everyone's help, appreciate it.