Gen 2 SCAB rear end kicks sideways over bumps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason it "kicks out" is because of the opposing shocks. When I converted my truck over to both shocks on the same side, it cured my side to side hop.

ewm98

Reaction score
The reason it "kicks out" is because of the opposing shocks. When I converted my truck over to both shocks on the same side, it cured my side to side hop.

Is there any benefit to having the shocks on opposing sides? In other words why did Ford feel the need to change it up?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to having the shocks on opposing sides? In other words why did Ford feel the need to change it up?

"Suspension geometry changes were aimed at reducing axle wind-up, which is an engineer-y term for the binding that causes shakes, shudders, and other sh…tuff you don't want. They went to staggered outboard shock mounts—one located ahead of the axle and one behind—and also aligned the engine and pinion better, allowing the use of one-piece aluminum driveshafts in many cases where Ford used two-piece steel units in the past."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a6360/first-drive-review-2015-ford-f150-pickup/

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And this is not just a truck issue, although trucks do make it worse. Watch the Chevy exec hit a high spot on a corner while applying power to a ZR1..... Even the commentator mentions the issue around 1:20.

Ha...ha....driver just ran out of talent...

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

"Suspension geometry changes were aimed at reducing axle wind-up, which is an engineer-y term for the binding that causes shakes, shudders, and other sh…tuff you don't want. They went to staggered outboard shock mounts—one located ahead of the axle and one behind—

...AND then installed 2" blocks....how's that working?....

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I install them without raising the truck?

Yes, you can buy the Deaver +2s, which are the same height as the factory leafs. They are considered +2s because you remove the 2" block under the factory leafs when you install the Deavers.

If you are concerned about towing, you can do the Deaver HDs, but your everyday driving comfort will suffer.

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Definitely will not sacrifice every day comfort or Offroad ability for towing. Not even close to worth it!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Helps control axle wrap and wheel hop, which is very much needed. You'll still get some tho if you give it too much gas and your wheels are having trouble biting.