Gen 2 SCAB rear end kicks sideways over bumps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I live on 2.2 miles of dirt road and my brand new 18' SCAB rear end kicks sideways over certain bumps at speed.

New and stiff suspension or???

Also, lots of axle hop when even applying the slightest bit of throttle in the dirt.

Lastly, will this thing feel quicker as it gets some miles on it? (Still under 100 miles)

Thanks, OB

Deaver spring are going to be your best bet to settle the rear end down. Tire pressure will help as well but the over ride improvement will come from eliminating a weak link. We can assist with supplying the parts as well as install

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) If you require a planted rear-end, you shouldn't drive a pickup.

2) Slow down

3) Reduce air pressure

If you don't like the above, learn to live with a loose rear end.

4) Don't react to the stepping out and the truck will sort itself out just fine. Most crashes are caused by drivers overreacting, not under-reacting. This is a stable truck and it wants to go straight if you let it. Learn to trust the truck and these minor steps-out will stop bothering you. They are only an issue if you make them an issue.

5) Learn to drive a vehicle with a loose rear end and embrace the oversteer. If you really get on it, it only takes small inputs of counter steer to correct a minor slide and it is a ton of fun driving with the rear end leading the turn-in.

What a ******** answer. Deaver rear leafs fix the issue. Full stop. The stock leafs are a joke and ride like shit.

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Deaver spring are going to be your best bet to settle the rear end down. Tire pressure will help as well but the over ride improvement will come from eliminating a weak link. We can assist with supplying the parts as well as install

Hi, thanks for chiming in. Can you elaborate a little more on what you think would be a good plan?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think 38 psi for the rear tires on a unloaded truck is still a little high...The other issue is the aluminum body and bed didn't help the sprung to unsprung weight ratio at all....

I do agree one one thing for sure, in 2wd the axle wraps up quickly and without a whole lot of throttle...factory 2" blocks in the rear was a terrible idea...

Getting ready to pull the pin on a set of 3" Deavers, longer shackles and a SVC IFP bump stop kit...yeah I know lot of cash to throw at a brand new truck, but I believe this will make a difference...