Gen 2 Raptor MPG's...what are you getting???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Milage matters more than octane and oil type. Engine and drivetrain break-in over the first few thousand miles adds nearly 2mpg.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Does anyone actually know that it does not come with full synthetic from the factory?

People who did engine oil analysis said the initial oil viscosity is different from what Ford recommends for oil changes and appears to be a break-in formulation. But no one said if it was fully synthetic or a blend. Ford recommends a blend for the oil changes.

bdraptor

Reaction score
When I got my oil changed at the Ford dealer they said the truck uses a blend and asked if I wanted 100% which I did. I have never noticed or heard that the type of oil used effects MPG, fyi I only use 91 octane in the truck and all my cars.

nick71692

Reaction score
I was also told it was a blend, but I opted to do the oil change myself...no real way to verify if the dealer actually uses it...on top of that most mechanics are careless and I'd rather do it myself.

I think one of the other posters mentioned it but mileage is likely the reason for increase in MPG once I put in full synthetic.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whipple stage 1 kit and 90% city driving I get 13-15 depending on how frisky I get, last week I took a road trip to the FL keys I got 16.0 driving 75-85. Once down there driving between keys 45-60mph I got 18.8.

I have 16,000 miles and full synthetic and the life average is 14.0.

maxemus

Reaction score
How is it possible for you guys getting such healthy MPG figures? I’m at 800 miles and haven’t crossed 12.6. I was getting 11 on my gen 1. I don’t get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 4k miles so far, mostly using 87 octane in hot TX weather. Mix of city/hwy, and I'm getting 17.5 mpg so far.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it possible for you guys getting such healthy MPG figures? I’m at 800 miles and haven’t crossed 12.6. I was getting 11 on my gen 1. I don’t get it

All city driving hurts, running premium helps, and the heavier you are on the throttle the worse it's going to be. It really drops dramatically above 70-ish mph too. It will be noticeably better if you drive like a grandpa.

I'm coming from a Ram 1500 that got 16 on its absolute best days so I'm elated to get 19 with mine on road trips.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am right there with you. I feel like they are driving a different truck than me.