GEN 2 [GEN 2] Raptor, I expect to be a beast.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it is bud.

HID headlights
New my touch screen system
Wheels
Torsen differential in the front
new side graphic that says Raptor
New wheel style
front camera
heated and cooled seats as an option
Reinforced Frame.

I know.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many different reason I think I will be awesome, here is a few from a raptor prospect:

1a.) The [GEN 2] 3.5L EcoBoost. Yes [GEN 1] had misfire issues after modifications but it was the first EcoBoost engine Ford built. I had a 6.0L powerstroke had some issues but was a great engine.

1b.) With the [GEN 2] high out put I would expect it to be similar to the new high out put 3.5L EcoBoost in the 2016 Ford GT if not the same engine. With the power not being a problem, it is mainly not having the sound of the 6.2L V8. which I understand, but if you need more grunt then upgrade the exhaust system.

(if you do believe me that the ecoboost raptor is going to be amazing then check out the SDHQ Eco-Raptor.

https://youtu.be/wYWE11Oo5rg

2.) The 10 Speed transmission. Ford needed a new transmission for better control, and it will help with the MPG's. Adding the paddle shifter is going to help with the control with a better location.

3.) the looks. the [GEN 1] looked amazing, but you cant deny that the [GEN 2] tops the last GEN on looks.

4.) the terrain management system is going to be good, I think it will have to be put to its paces to find out how good it is.

Overall, personally I think if you already own a Raptor the excitement and hype are just not there because you just love your truck. I there are going to be some people that hate the truck because hate that they don't have it (which I don't think any of those people are on this form). If your upgrading you might miss the sound of the V8 but not the power.

I have a plan of when I am going to get mine, main because I don't want to have to pay the bank mainly pay all the extra interest and I love buying new. I plan on getting a 2020 Raptor at the end of 2019 or in 2020. because any issues will be put to light at the time and that is when I should have enough cash to walk in the dealership and say shut-up and give me the lightning blue one in a respectful way.

The ecoboost in stock form had and still has misfire issues.

The closer the Raptor engine is to the GT engine, the more robust and responsive to mods it will be. That would be a plus for sure. I'd like to see the power band stretched another 500-1000rpm as I think it would make it even more fun.

The driving modes will be great for people that wanna drive aggressive but do not have the required skills for basic vehicle control, or just want the truck to drive itself. They need an epic mode where all the nannies are turned off and the paddle shifters shift the transmission on demand with full control.

With the less weight, more power, and bigger shocks, the truck should perform pretty well. I think a lot will depend on how much animal ford will release out of the cage.

Of course it will,it may not have the sound of a classic v8 but it will be fun blowing past gens 1's in a v6.

Newer is always better..

How fast it can go off road in the real world will depend alot on driver skill. If you're a damn good driver you will probably blow past almost everyone. If you mean blow past on the street then that will be a given. Personally you can have that race, as street racing a Raptor is right in line with the special olympics.

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast it can go off road in the real world will depend alot on driver skill. If you're a damn good driver you will probably blow past almost everyone. If you mean blow past on the street then that will be a given. Personally you can have that race, as street racing a Raptor is right in line with the special olympics.

Lets take a poll ,Clone BJ Baldwin in a stock 2014 raptor and a stock 2017 raptor off road SAME driving conditions running the baja 1000. In Who do you gen 1 nut swingers think would be the fastest?

What happened to this forum, so sad.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Lets take a poll ,Clone BJ Baldwin in a stock 2014 raptor and a stock 2017 raptor off road SAME driving conditions running the baja 1000. In Who do you gen 1 nut swingers think would be the fastest?

What happened to this forum, so sad.

Neither, he'd wreck/roll and then Dan Bilzerian's tiny legged self will pick him up in a helicopter and then they'll go party on a yacht somewhere else.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID headlights
New my touch screen system
Wheels
Torsen differential in the front
new side graphic that says Raptor
New wheel style
front camera
heated and cooled seats as an option
Reinforced Frame.

I know.

Ah yes, graphics.. you must one of those insecure guys who need to tell everyone that you drive a "Raptor", not just an F-150...

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither, he'd wreck/roll and then Dan Bilzerian's tiny legged self will pick him up in a helicopter and then they'll go party on a yacht somewhere else.

Yes, i would beat around that true answer as well. As it is very tough to admit the new V6 raptor will indeed be better then is predecessor.

Very well played.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Ah yes, graphics.. you must one of those insecure guys who need to tell everyone that you drive a "Raptor", not just an F-150...

Yes exactly, You must be one of those guys who like people to think you have permanent mud stickers on your truck to make it look like you actually take it off road?

or are you upset you cant afford a new one, posting in the gen 2 section?

Last edited:

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that pretty much nails it. This is 'Merica, after all. We like big engines. Just look at the popularity of the Harley Davidson. No one can argue that the Japanese bike manufacturers make a more efficient, faster motorcycle, but it just ain't a Harley. I feel the same way about the new Raptor. The charts, spreadsheets, etc will prove that the eco-boost V-6 is an upgrade from our 6.2's, but I don't care. I want a big V8 in a truck like this. Time will tell, but I believe our Gen 1's will prove to be the more sought after versions years from now...unless Ford ends up with a V8 option later.

Thanks bud and thanks @WyoStorm. I'm right on the same page as you. Reminds me of the muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's. Classics. Big ass motors that were just mean and gnarly and didn't give a shit about gas mileage and emissions. The way the world is going, it's going to be REALLY REALLY difficult for any major auto maker to ever come out with anything with a big motor anymore. Like you said @Xwelder, sure I can get some *** crap that might get better mileage and maybe even go faster...but where is the cool factor and the nostalgia to that. In 30-40 years, I'm going to want the 6.2L back...cause it'll be extinct, not a boosted small motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.