Gen 2 Owner demographics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdraptor

Reaction score
Just interested in a rough demographic of Gen 2 owners. From this forum I recognize some names I have seen on other enthusiast forums, and based on the comments and suggestions I have read I would guess:

1)Gen 2 Raptor owners tend to come from a sports car background - LSX, Mustang, Subaru, Porsche, BMW etc - and have had reasonable to extensive experience modding, tracking, obsessing

2)Gen 2 owners may have the Raptor as a secondary vehicle to a daily driver and probably not as their main performance vehicle

3)owners may be 40+ in age in the median range

4)owners may have never owned an true off-road vehicle (true rock crawling FJ/CJ/TJ/JK or Rallye style race car) but may have had a Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5/X6, non-lifted premium 4x4 Full sized pickup

How far "off" (or "on") am I?

That's kinda scary.....you got me

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in my late 40s. Used to drive an old Mustang, Honda Del Sol, then went 4x4 with the '99 4Runner and '01 Lexus LX470. Then one day decided to go eco friendly and had a '09 Prius for 9 years.

This is my 1st truck and loving it. Last weekend went off road and truck actually stayed in 2WD the whole time since there was no mud, lol.

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
1) 10 Mustangs. 1st was my high-school 1968 289 Coupe. 2nd 1967 GT Dark Moss Green Mustang with an S code factory 390. 3rd 1990 5.0 GT Convertible. 4th 1991 5.0 Hardtop. 5th 1990 5.0 Convertible. 6th 1999 GT Hardtop. 7th 2003 GT Hardtop. 8th 2005 GT Hardtop. 9th 2008 Bullitt Highland Green. 10th 2008 Bullitt Highland Green. Never a single problem with any of the Mustangs aside from one vacuum leak in the 2nd 1990. Also owned one low mileage 1991 Pontiac Firebird POS and an Audi TT which was also a total POS.

2) I am picking up a new 2020 SCAB next week. It will be my driver. We also own a Lincoln MKC for our family ride.

3) 46

4) Owned a regular cab, short bed F-150 XLT 4X4 for almost 20 years. Then a Lincoln Mark LT 4X4. Next was a 2014 F-150 Tremor 4X4 it was a 2 seater and we had a baby in 2017 so I traded it in for a F-150 XLT Sport SCREW 4X4 that I sold 1 week before the warranty expired in July 2020. I wanted a Raptor back in 2017, but my local stealerships wanted to add an extra 20K to the price so I went with the XLT.

I found this thread after joining a couple of Facebook pages and thought most of the owners seemed to be Millennials. If that was the normal demographic I was thinking twice about owning one, but after reading this thread it looks like a lot of guys my age own them. Those Facebook Raptor pages are a circus BTW. Sorry if resurrecting this thread offends anyone.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, you hurt my feelings. i am entitled to free stuff now
1) 10 Mustangs. 1st was my high-school 1968 289 Coupe. 2nd 1967 GT Dark Moss Green Mustang with an S code factory 390. 3rd 1990 5.0 GT Convertible. 4th 1991 5.0 Hardtop. 5th 1990 5.0 Convertible. 6th 1999 GT Hardtop. 7th 2003 GT Hardtop. 8th 2005 GT Hardtop. 9th 2008 Bullitt Highland Green. 10th 2008 Bullitt Highland Green. Never a single problem with any of the Mustangs aside from one vacuum leak in the 2nd 1990. Also owned one low mileage 1991 Pontiac Firebird POS and an Audi TT which was also a total POS.

2) I am picking up a new 2020 SCAB next week. It will be my driver. We also own a Lincoln MKC for our family ride.

3) 46

4) Owned a regular cab, short bed F-150 XLT 4X4 for almost 20 years. Then a Lincoln Mark LT 4X4. Next was a 2014 F-150 Tremor 4X4 it was a 2 seater and we had a baby in 2017 so I traded it in for a F-150 XLT Sport SCREW 4X4 that I sold 1 week before the warranty expired in July 2020. I wanted a Raptor back in 2017, but my local stealerships wanted to add an extra 20K to the price so I went with the XLT.

I found this thread after joining a couple of Facebook pages and thought most of the owners seemed to be Millennials. If that was the normal demographic I was thinking twice about owning one, but after reading this thread it looks like a lot of guys my age own them. Those Facebook Raptor pages are a circus BTW. Sorry if resurrecting this thread offends anyone.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What's that supposed to mean? Some millenials are old enough to have kids in college. That kind of comment is both ignorant and stupid. Who bases their vehicle purchase on the average age of other owners?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1)I’ve had some sporty cars, 1985 Nissan 300 Z Turbo, 1994 Nissan 300 ZX Twin Turbo, 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar. None of these care were modded beyond wheels. I had a couple modded F-150 street trucks in 2001 and 2003, and of course my very modded 1987 Bronco. Never tracked anything.

2)I purchased the Raptor as my daily driver to replace my weekend diesel truck and 40 mpg diesel sedan.

3)Just turned 44.

4)My Bronco is a true off-road vehicle with a cage, long travel suspension I hand fabbed, ARB lockers, etc, and I’ve owned it for 23 years. I’ve done lots of rock crawling.

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
What's that supposed to mean? Some millenials are old enough to have kids in college. That kind of comment is both ignorant and stupid. Who bases their vehicle purchase on the average age of other owners?

Which ones? The senior Millennials who knocked up their high school girlfriends? Getting upset over the word "Millennial" is reason enough to not want to get categorized with them. Is Millennial a new word your generation has added to the NO NO list? Sorry if I hurt you feelings little buddy.

Last edited:

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha. feelings are overrated. so i don't have any.

this truck is my daily driver. seems to check the box in most areas so I don't need another vehicle.
whatever I drive, it will be a mans vehicle. If I had a prius i'd drive it off of an overpass.

can haul shit
fast enough to be fun
not too big too be inconvenient
mostly comfortable
gas mileage ain't bad for the performance

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which ones? The senior Millennials who knocked up their high school girlfriends? Getting upset over the word "Millennial" is reason enough to not want to get categorized with them. Is Millennial a new word your generation has added to the NO NO list? Sorry if I hurt you feelings little buddy.

I'm just baffled an adult would be so mentally deficient so as to make these statements. This comment reinforces that you are a biased old man disconnected from reality. Reality is that most of the workforce is made up of millennials now - so yeah, they are buying vehicles they like, as your generation did before.

upload_2020-8-21_10-30-0.png

Who you really meant to insult is Gen Z, but not only is that still infantile (who judges people based on their age group?), but those are the people that end up always helping your age group stumble through fixing their basic computer problems. See how that works?

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty Accurate for me

1. I have a 94 Cobra fully modded

2. This is my daily that I got to replace my 86 S10 that I still have.

3. I'm 42

4. This is the first vehicle I've taken off-road.