Gen 2 Exhaust Manifold Leak and Lean Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVRaptor69

Reaction score
I have a 2018, tuned by MPT on E30, current content is E34. I’ve developed an audible drivers side exhaust leak over the last three weeks. I ordered all the new parts for an upgraded replacement. I just threw a lean code for bank one. I’ll be calling MPT in the morning but wanted to get some Sunday reassurance that the two are related and it’s not a coincidence with something else going on. Has anyone had something similar?

OP
OP
L

LVRaptor69

Reaction score
Talked to MPT, he said probably the case. Dealer is going to install the new upgraded exhaust manifolds today. I’d rather not tackle it on my own in Vegas weather.

I’ve been watching a bunch of videos and some of them show a few different issues as the cause of the sound. It’s very noticeable in the video below. I’m going to go through with the install either way because they give a considerable bump in power. Will update when done.

Attachments

• IMG_5711.mov
    10.3 MB
OP
OP
L

LVRaptor69

Reaction score
Manifolds installed. Have a new exhaust leak at the cat. The techs said they wouldn’t get it to seal up and that they were aftermarket cats already, but not sure if they were performance ones. I went ahead and ordered a snare set of down pipes from CVF. I figured I could get rid of the next bottleneck and have a good fitting system.

Here’s a little rip with the new manifolds. Has definitely picked up some HP without a retune.

Attachments

• IMG_5748.mp4
    11.8 MB