Fuse 36 keeps Blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdawg302

Reaction score
Hey Yall, hoping someone may have some insight on an issue I’m having with my 2018. It was diving totally normal all day, stopped for lunch. When I came out of the restaurant, hopped in and started it up, went to get on the freeway, and noticed that my AC wasn’t blowing cold, and I had absolutely no boost at all. CEL finally came on, it threw a bunch of codes. P0034, p028d, p0480, p0645, p06A0, p06DB, p103D, p2602, p2681, U0284, U0285, P068A. My very first thought was to check the PCM relay, and it looked bad. I got a replacement, and put that in, but same issues. Not really sure where to go from here.

The next day, I pulled fuse 36 in the engine bay fuse box, and it was blown. Replaced it and it immediately blew again. I’m assuming it’s something shorting out somewhere, but was hoping someone has dealt with this or something similar, and might be able to provide some insight. Thanks!

sc85fiero

Reaction score
Those codes are all for PCM commanded outputs fed by fuse 36 in the BJB. You have a short to ground somewhere in that circuit most likely in the grey/grey violet wire that feeds power to those outputs (circuit CKB03). All of them are in or around the engine bay, inspect the wiring for any damage especially if you have any recent repairs done.

-Joe

Edit:
1723064632854.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jdawg302

Reaction score
Thank you! It ended up being the Grille Shutters shorting out. They were removed for an upgraded intercooler, but the motor was left plugged in. Unplugged that and it stopped the fuse from blowing.