Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheClaw

Reaction score
Yes definitely is a better unit - ATI makes a fantastic replacement:

View attachment 465126

I have a ton of engine and gen 3 chassis content to add - if anyone knows how to get more than 5 images per page Please lmk!
Are there any mods needed for this balancer. I checked mine and it’s in ok condition but might as well…

Other than ATI, any other good brands

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
I checked mine and it’s in ok condition but might as well…

Other than ATI, any other good brands

There is one other damper company that may be releasing a damper that doesn't require tuning or adjusting like the ATI. If yours is in ok condition you may want to wait to see which is the one to go with. I’m eager to try on my engine and will report here whatever the result is.

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... my truck is in having cam phasers done right now. Should I be looking at swapping to the ATI super damper while it's tore down?
Also my stock motor crankshaft came apart on me already, and it was in pieces in the oil pan. Possible crankshaft pulley failure that your talking about?
Thanks!!!!!!

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
It’s up to you how much you want to do while you’re in there for the phasers. in my experience this is primarily a labor expense more than parts cost so you may want to purchase new parts

a high performance twin turbo engine getting reassembled with the old outdated and worn internals isn’t the best idea if you’re planning to keep the truck long term

if you had a crankshaft failure - a purely speculative guess puts the odds on a bad harmonic balancer. If you have access to the engine take a photo of the crank pulley and post it

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s up to you how much you want to do while you’re in there for the phasers. in my experience this is primarily a labor expense more than parts cost so you may want to purchase new parts

a high performance twin turbo engine getting reassembled with the old outdated and worn internals isn’t the best idea if you’re planning to keep the truck long term
Which parts are you talking about replacing that are old, outdated, and worn out internals besides the cam phasers stuff?

Rosshh

Reaction score
Dream thread.... disappointed you didn't talk about your honda days. I saw and heard you drive that black civic once around tempe back in the day and immediately had to get a turbo civic. Still into Hondas to this day along with Raptors. Wish you would give gen 1's more love but did get your radiator solely for that full race name plate lol. Can't wait for more of this thread...