Front end pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update.

Dealer changed out the driveshaft. Didn’t work.

Said it’s still my geisers. Swapped those out to oem springs from a 37PP truck. According to the dealership owner that test drove it. That fixed the issue. We’ll see tmrw. I pray it’s resolved. Same time, damn just my luck lol. Out of hundreds if not thousands of trucks with geisers lol.

My issue, stick to a 1” lift? I have geiser 1.5” in the rear, got a bed rack n do some 6-700lb loads. A handful of times a week for work.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick update.

Dealer changed out the driveshaft. Didn’t work.

Said it’s still my geisers. Swapped those out to oem springs from a 37PP truck. According to the dealership owner that test drove it. That fixed the issue. We’ll see tmrw. I pray it’s resolved. Same time, damn just my luck lol. Out of hundreds if not thousands of trucks with geisers lol.

My issue, stick to a 1” lift? I have geiser 1.5” in the rear, got a bed rack n do some 6-700lb loads. A handful of times a week for work.
I just don’t think it’s possible it’s the springs.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked the truck up. Drives smooth. No more vibration, wobble. Took it to 90 in 2H and 4A. Feels planted like my Gen 2 did with eibach and icons.

Smh my luck.
That’s odd… a strange one for sure. Had Geisers on my 2019 and loved them. Was curious if you have stock or aftermarket wheels?

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s odd… a strange one for sure. Had Geisers on my 2019 and loved them. Was curious if you have stock or aftermarket wheels?
I had eibach on my Gen 2. It felt so planted. Moved to the Gen 3 n it never felt right until now.

I have kmc 17x9 +18 currently, swapped my method nv305 over to the gen 3. Thought it might be the rims. So I swapped those out for the kmc. Also needed an excuse to swap rims lol.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had eibach on my Gen 2. It felt so planted. Moved to the Gen 3 n it never felt right until now.

I have kmc 17x9 +18 currently, swapped my method nv305 over to the gen 3. Thought it might be the rims. So I swapped those out for the kmc. Also needed an excuse to swap rims lol.
So it sounds like you’ve got this resolved… which is awesome… but let me at least leave you with something else to think about should you run into it again. Remember that your OEM wheels were hub centric. I’m pretty certain that neither your Methods or KMC are… rather, they are lug centric. Many have debated the topic… but some would swear that you really need to use hub rings with aftermarket wheels that are lug centric. I had a gen 2 and now a gen 3… and I’m now a diehard OEM rim guy. Years ago, i had a lifted jeep with after market… lug centric wheels and ran into similar symptoms as you described. After much trouble shooting and a long shaggy dog story… i needed hub rings with the aftermarket wheels. Immediately fixed it. Before my Raptors, i had a TRD Pro… this was a fairly prevalent issue in that community when people switched to lug centric. The problem there… and also the argument… is that many don’t have issues with lug centric. It becomes very critical that proper lugs match the wheel and that when torquing… it is done properly and very uniformly. That was how i finally was able to narrow down the jeep issue… one shop torqued properly, star pattern, etc… a different shop did not and just ran them on any old way. I could create or eliminate the vibration accordingly. I’m now a proponent of high quality, OEM, hub centric wheels. To each their own… but something to consider IF you do not have hug rings and find that the problem returns down the road after a rotation or something simple. But glad you seem to have it resolved!!!

EDIT: Search “Hub Centric”… quite a bit out here too on the topic.

Last edited:

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it sounds like you’ve got this resolved… which is awesome… but let me at least leave you with something else to think about should you run into it again. Remember that your OEM wheels were hub centric. I’m pretty certain that neither your Methods or KMC are… rather, they are lug centric. Many have debated the topic… but some would swear that you really need to use hub rings with aftermarket wheels that are lug centric. I had a gen 2 and now a gen 3… and I’m now a diehard OEM rim guy. Years ago, i had a lifted jeep with after market… lug centric wheels and ran into similar symptoms as you described. After much trouble shooting and a long shaggy dog story… i needed hub rings with the aftermarket wheels. Immediately fixed it. Before my Raptors, i had a TRD Pro… this was a fairly prevalent issue in that community when people switched to lug centric. The problem there… and also the argument… is that many don’t have issues with lug centric. It becomes very critical that proper lugs match the wheel and that when torquing… it is done properly and very uniformly. That was how i finally was able to narrow down the jeep issue… one shop torqued properly, star pattern, etc… a different shop did not and just ran them on any old way. I could create or eliminate the vibration accordingly. I’m now a proponent of high quality, OEM, hub centric wheels. To each their own… but something to consider IF you do not have hug rings and find that the problem returns down the road after a rotation or something simple. But glad you seem to have it resolved!!!

EDIT: Search “Hub Centric”… quite a bit out here too on the topic.
Thanks for the tip man.

My dealer bent over backwards trying to sort this out too. That was also something they suspected, hence why I swapped rims.

The kmc came off one of the dealership co owners personal gen 3 with 1” eibach. He had no issues at all with them.

I swapped them into my truck and nothing changed. Vibrate and wobble at highway speeds. So we had to swap out the geisers to stock springs and viola. I’m now thinking of adding sdi top hat to see if I can get the front lifted a bit so it’s sorta level with my rear.

Shout out to Middleton ford. Msrp on all vehicles even their braptors and raptor r. I’m not affiliated with them financially. They’ve just been top notch helping me. If anyone is looking.

**** kit and cam phasers done under warranty on my gen 2.