forscan \ Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I have been debating for sometime now wether or not to activate glare free but now I’m completely confused as what to do, haha.

My interpretation of glare free was that the high and low beams were on all the time, and the system would work it’s magic to recognize another vehicle and manipulate the light output to not “glare” the oncoming vehicle,,,, hence the term glare free.

This thread however has brought up a new question in my mind. Does switching to glare free eliminate the “bending” of the headlights upon steering input or does that still stay active?
You’re reading the wrong thread. Don’t be dissuaded. Read the thread I posted below (start round pg 10 or so)…everyone & their momma will say it’s one of the best mods they’ve done. It‘ll show issues folks ran into and how they fixed it. Lucky for you, we’ve done it and it’s all there. Just follow the roadmap. So what are you waiting for…

200.gif

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Is one surefire way to tell whether Glare Free is truly working is whether the high beam cuts off (auto high beam) or changes smoothly (glare free) when another car is approaching

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
now I’m completely confused as what to do
Do the mod as the instructions provide and enjoy the feature.
My interpretation of glare free was that the high and low beams were on all the time, and the system would work it’s magic to recognize another vehicle and manipulate the light output to not “glare” the oncoming vehicle,,,, hence the term glare free.
I was expecting a question based on how you started this, though you are correct, the system works its magic and that's all that needs to be done.
This thread however has brought up a new question in my mind. Does switching to glare free eliminate the “bending” of the headlights upon steering input or does that still stay active?
No, Glare-Free doesn't eliminate the x-axis movement of the lights. It's simply the high beams on and deflecting the beam leaving the headlight as to not blind you nor other drivers. Look it up on YouTube.
No it doesn’t eliminate the bending. I would just follow the original glare free as built instructions. Don’t let me questions confuse you lol. It’s 100% worth it. I’m more just confused about the nuances of forscan and what it calls glare free vs dynamic driving beam. But again, follow the instructions on the f150 forum and do it via as built and you’ll be all set!
Did you finally get it working?
Is one surefire way to tell whether Glare Free is truly working is whether the high beam cuts off (auto high beam) or changes smoothly (glare free) when another car is approaching
What? No. Is it working? You'd know if you have the green "A" on the dash and you have high beams everywhere and see the light deflecting around other vehicles and signs, for example.

brysgarage

Reaction score
It was never not working for me. Its just that it seemed to work with 3 and with 4 in place, or as the configurator calls them 3-glare free high beam and 4-adaptive driving beam

I had some DTC's for the IPMA module with the 4 in place initially but now I feel as though that was unrelated. I have the 4 back in place and enabled bambi mode. All seems to work as intended.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re reading the wrong thread. Don’t be dissuaded. Read the thread I posted below (start round pg 10 or so)…everyone & their momma will say it’s one of the best mods they’ve done. It‘ll show issues folks ran into and how they fixed it. Lucky for you, we’ve done it and it’s all there. Just follow the roadmap. So what are you waiting for…

View attachment 416828

Do the mod as the instructions provide and enjoy the feature.

I was expecting a question based on how you started this, though you are correct, the system works its magic and that's all that needs to be done.

No, Glare-Free doesn't eliminate the x-axis movement of the lights. It's simply the high beams on and deflecting the beam leaving the headlight as to not blind you nor other drivers. Look it up on YouTube.

What? No. Is it working? You'd know if you have the green "A" on the dash and you have high beams everywhere and see the light deflecting around other vehicles and signs, for example.

Fair enough guys, I’ll definitely give it a try. Hoping I love it as much as you all do. To be honest I’m old enough to really appreciate how auto high beams works, haha.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your question that you're trying to revert to stock, i.e., adaptive in settings, but 'glare free' still shows in settings even after reverting all changes?

Not sure why that's happening.

If you want to move forward with glare free, the correct entries are below especially the 'D1' line:

APIM 7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx xx--
APIM 7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx xx—

Reset APIM after these two changes before making remaining changes

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx xxx9 xx--
SCCM 724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xx--
IPC 720-01-01 xx8x xxxx xx--
IPC 720-10-01 xxxx xxx3 xx--
HCM 734-01-01 xxxx xx01 xx--
HCM 734-01-02 x3xx xxxx xx--
HCM 734-01-04 xx56 D1--

Thank you for this! Could not have been easier, now Glare Free pops up in the lighting menu, and lights move up-down-right and left when the truck first starts. Looking forward to seeing how it is driving!

IMG_3734.jpgIMG_3733.jpg

exclsiv

Reaction score
When says to reset the APIM, is that just writing the changes then turning the car off and back on?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When says to reset the APIM, is that just writing the changes then turning the car off and back on?
To your question...No. Do this...

On forscan, click on the wrench. You will see a list of all your modules. Click on apim reset and run it.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I
To your question...No. Do this...

On forscan, click on the wrench. You will see a list of all your modules. Click on apim reset and run it.
Do we know if you didn’t run the APIM reset and have made all of the other changes for the Glare Free headlights, will you need to enter all of the changes again that occur after the reset step if you go back and do the reset? I made the assumption that if I wrote the changes and cycled the system, it was the same thing as the reset (I know, don’t assume). Other than that misstep, things seemed to have worked.

I have the Glare Free option in the lighting menu and the green high beam with an A in it appeared on the instrument cluster after I engagd the option. However, I’m not certain it is functioning as it should. I did a test drive last night and noticed that when the road got dark, the system engaged the high beams (like it should) but that the transition was sudden and the blue high beam light appears above the green A high beam light. The system will drop the high beams and the blue high beam indicator when there is oncoming traffic or things like street lights.

From what I’ve read here and in the Forscan thread, this doesn’t appear to be correct. It sounds more like the auto high beam function Is engaged and not the true Glare Free option. Is this the expected behavior of the Glare Free system?