Ford Raptor XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
There is a temporay warranty on the truck. Meaning the truck is covered while on the lot of the dealership. Defects, problems, etc. with the truck have to be addressed before placing it on the trailer to be transported. Bumper to Bumper, Powertrain, and especially Roadside Assisstance are not included.

EDIT:
You're the exact reason why this thread was started by the way
\

Last edited:

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
I'm aware as to why it was started. At least you came about it in a personable manner this time in this thread.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Information, as I said (Nice of you to edit the part that I'm sure you didn't read) has been sketchy. Engineers, some of which are friends, have passed along information that has been hazey. 2 weeks ago, with the truck sitting 4 feet from me, I got the facts.

If you'd like to play elementary school crying games and tell me I'm the reason for all this, by the way. Save your time. I'm here to educate and help people, not fight with someone who picks fights for the fun of it, I've read your other posts on here and other forums so save the excuses.

I explained very clearly in the previous post about the warranty issue. My apologies if you ahd to start this thread "because of me". Either way, hope the info was helpful.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
We have 5 on order, 3 of which are spoken for with $20K down. Warranty details have been sketchy up until 2 weeks ago when I made a trip to Michigan to help a friend with some engineering issues. While I was there, details for the Raptor XT came a little more to light. There is a temporay warranty on the truck. Meaning the truck is covered while on the lot of the dealership. Defects, problems, etc. with the truck have to be addressed before placing it on the trailer to be transported. Bumper to Bumper, Powertrain, and especially Roadside Assisstance are not included.

Without technical Specs, and copy and pasting, the simple fact is that the truck has full race seat, roll bar, no airbags, and doesn't meet the EPA's gas mileage and emmissions standards. Off-Road lighting, fiberglass and aluminum body paneling make the truck lighter and also less likely to meet crash standards as well.
The increased horse-power is derrived from a larger bore and stroke of the engine that increases the displacement. Higher powered injectors, upgraded compression and timing also aid in this.
The transmission is not to the full standards of an automatic transmission. Not Select-Shift by any means. It uses more convensional race style transmission that allow for taller gearing. Further more, there is no Off-Road Mode, Hill Descent, or Tow/Haul function. The computer is responsible for the engine, some transmission functions, and limited ABS. Apart from that, it's the same as you might find in a another custom built race truck.

Hope that answers your questions to some extent.

few posts have made me :naughty: excited around here lately. i like it. thanks for the info Aaron you are a linchpin around here.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I'm aware as to why it was started. At least you came about it in a personable manner this time in this thread.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Information, as I said (Nice of you to edit the part that I'm sure you didn't read) has been sketchy. Engineers, some of which are friends, have passed along information that has been hazey. 2 weeks ago, with the truck sitting 4 feet from me, I got the facts.

If you'd like to play elementary school crying games and tell me I'm the reason for all this, by the way. Save your time. I'm here to educate and help people, not fight with someone who picks fights for the fun of it, I've read your other posts on here and other forums so save the excuses.

I explained very clearly in the previous post about the warranty issue. My apologies if you ahd to start this thread "because of me". Either way, hope the info was helpful.
hahaha, that's funny
YouTube - Robby.avi

I still want to see the suspension...you have any word on that yet??

Did JD Fab have anything to do with the XT?
Who is building the 50 trucks?
Will they be Score Tagged?

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures of the truck, wasn't allowed to when I saw it either, but the travel is supposed to be bumped to 15" in the front, and 18" in the rear of the truck. Without giving too much away (since Ford patrols these sites),that isn't the final say on the travel. Fox is working to improve upon that if possible. The adjustments, though it will be tuned coming from the factory, will be easy to access and adjust just like the settings on the production Raptor.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Any idea what is limiting the rear to only 18"
My guess is that the CV's are limiting the front, but I cant figure out why the rear is so limited.

Im assuming that the truck will be running 12" coil overs and bi-pass's? Or will it have an internal bi-pass up front?

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Any idea what is limiting the rear to only 18"
My guess is that the CV's are limiting the front, but I cant figure out why the rear is so limited.

Im assuming that the truck will be running 12" coil overs and bi-pass's? Or will it have an internal bi-pass up front?

Good call on the CV's, that's what I've been told as well. Coil overs and bipass's on both the front and rear of the truck. Good call again.

Ford is producing the truck in Dearborn. JD Fab I know has tested the suspension for the XT, that's a good question if they are direct with Ford and the XT as a whole.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Whole crap I can't wait to see this thing. Wow Aaron, you do know your stuff :D