Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tone228

Reaction score
The 3.0 has better turbos, and is a stronger motor. Not sure if that played into the decision.

I'm guessing that the 3.0 is probably their future path forward so maybe they want to show people "what it can really do". Who knows. The raptor tune is way conservative though!
Better turbos and stronger motor is news to me. Never heard that before. Thanks for your insight.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious if Ford is being super conservative for the 3.5L due to the stock IC?

@GooseTuned does the 3.0L have a better IC or run cooler as well? Never had the measurement gauges in my former ST.

I saw the Shelby Raptor and they are making 550hp crank and part of the package is an intercooler.

Know even stock, the Raptors going back to the Dos were limited by the stock IC.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The intercooler is just as crappy or maybe even worse on the ST.

Yep! Pretty much need an intercooler on all Ecoboosts. Ford should start there, customers would notice a big difference!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intercooler is just as crappy or maybe even worse on the ST.

Yep! Pretty much need an intercooler on all Ecoboosts. Ford should start there, customers would notice a big difference!
Is the bigger Ic necessary or would the “bigger” but fits in stock location acceptable? Or just a waste of dollars