Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This, is mostly likely the reason. Why let someone raise hell with an extra 16hp for a full 36K miles when you can sell it to people with 15-30K already on the clock. If this had zero effect on the warranty it wouldn’t be available to gen 3s at all.

Although that doesn’t explain why it’s available on the 2024 ranger raptor.
They know very few Ranger driver will use the power. They make those in rainbow colors.

tone228

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the warranties. They dont want to put that tune on a fresh 24 with a full warranty, they decided to put it on ones that their warranties are getting ready to expire.
But '24 Braptor and Ranger Raptor get tunes? Even if they don't release the tune for the F150 I would like to at least hear an explanation why.

CDub

Reaction score
But '24 Braptor and Ranger Raptor get tunes? Even if they don't release the tune for the F150 I would like to at least hear an explanation why.
Point, I think the Braptor sales are falling off a cliff and Im assuming Ford is shocked that nobody wants to pay 100k for Bronco not including ADM. I think they are just trying to get some shock value/positive press to those new models. The OG Raptor is already established in the market, but i do think the reason they didn't do anything meaningful for the Raptor is because they don't want to start creeping up on the future GEN 4 HP/Torque numbers. Also think that insurance companies are starting dictate more and more on what goes into cars.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is would anyone even consider the Ford tune if Cobb and goose could do the 23s , sounds like some people are trying talk themselves into the Ford tune.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The question is would anyone even consider the Ford tune if Cobb and goose could do the 23s , sounds like some people are trying talk themselves into the Ford tune.
By the time 23 is cracked...ill be near 36K miles anyway lol And yes they have to prove the tune caused a powertrain failure, but dealers are really good at doing that.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
99% of my driving is above 6000 feet. Their tune would not even get me to stock sea level HP.
Your use case is why it cracks me up when people talk about wanting the NA 5.0. That would be a literal garbage powertrain anything above 4K feet. Ive been to CO many many times in all sorts of NA vehicles and they are all horribly slow especially at 10K feet and beyond. The ecoboost was the first vehicle Ive taken there that sorta still felt like sea level, even with your garbage gas....lol