Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they don't want this tune to step on the toes of not the Raptor R, but the Gen 4. Lets say the gen 4 is going to have 500-525hp, would Ford really want to let everyone upgrade their gen 3s to gen 4 power levels and possibly not bother trading in. Ford isn't just going to have to answer to the RHO, but also the RAM in general with that motor. They are going to have to really boost the standard 3.5s output as well, which hopefully the Raptor gets to still tack its 50hp advantage on top of whatever that is. Even if the next Raptor is a 2026-2027 Id wager they already know exactly how much power its going to have. I also don't consider a tune to be equal to a manufacturer competing, its gotta come stock with full factory warranty.

Dralpie

Reaction score
Here is another theory: Ford Performance will release another tune for 2024+ that has better numbers than 2022-2023 tune since the 2024+ is the latest generation and they want it to compete with the RHO.
An even bigger slap in the face than the current tune for the 21-23 is.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if these questions have already been addressed in the thread.

I’m wondering if there will be any fuel requirements (not recommendation like stock), like 91 or 93 minimum? Also, does anyone know if the tune will change the transmission calibration?

The TQ/HP gains from this tune in the low-mid range (2500-3250 RPM) should be a nice upgrade, especially if there is better transmission tuning to go with it.

RaptorLK

Reaction score
I wonder if they don't want this tune to step on the toes of not the Raptor R, but the Gen 4. Lets say the gen 4 is going to have 500-525hp, would Ford really want to let everyone upgrade their gen 3s to gen 4 power levels and possibly not bother trading in. Ford isn't just going to have to answer to the RHO, but also the RAM in general with that motor. They are going to have to really boost the standard 3.5s output as well, which hopefully the Raptor gets to still tack its 50hp advantage on top of whatever that is. Even if the next Raptor is a 2026-2027 Id wager they already know exactly how much power its going to have. I also don't consider a tune to be equal to a manufacturer competing, its gotta come stock with full factory warranty.
Don’t think this argument flies. If it did, why would the release tunes for the Ranger and Bronco or the regular F150 for that matter?

Ford really screwed Ecoboost Raptors on this. What’s the point of the 3.5L “HO”? Rangers, Broncos, and regular F150s with this tune have us beaten.

nookss_

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if these questions have already been addressed in the thread.

I’m wondering if there will be any fuel requirements (not recommendation like stock), like 91 or 93 minimum? Also, does anyone know if the tune will change the transmission calibration?

The TQ/HP gains from this tune in the low-mid range (2500-3250 RPM) should be a nice upgrade, especially if there is better transmission tuning to go with it.

Yes to both your questions
  • Optimized Shift Schedule
  • Premium Fuel Required (91 octane minimum)
Link to the product: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-R35

RaptorLK

Reaction score
Everyone should call or email Ford Performance about this crap!

Ask FP specifically, and I do mean specifically, why they decided to release such a weak tune for the F150 Raptors. I did. No response yet.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those numbers are **** poor. And the fact is not 24 compatible is lame. They better come out with something worthwhile for 24+ models. If the base 3.5 can be bumped to +55HP/100Tq, there should be plenty of room for these. So much for the excitement. I'll send FP an email too. Plus they suck at math apparently