Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay optimistic. This might make more power than advertised. As per Winfield's dyno test the Gen 3 makes 27 horsepower and over 100 lb ft torque more than the Gen 2 at the wheels, even though they are rated the same on paper. So another 16 peak crank horses on top of that plus another 54 lb ft of crank torque puts it around 500 hp and 650 tq crank ballpark. Not a big gain over stock but maybe they are advertising lower numbers to keep from cannibalizing Raptor R sales. I will wait until someone dyne tests this before I decide.
The fact that they locked the ecu for this is enough for me never to buy another one .

Daneger

Reaction score
I don’t think this takes away anything from R sales. I think there still would be a long list of people wanting R’s with no ADM. There is still something special about a blown V8.

That said, giving the EB Gen 3’s a proper boost would just solidify Ford as the king in all super truck segments. If anything, a good FP tune would stick it to the dealers for over charging on the R’s showing that you can make some real numbers on the V6.

In the end this tune, as we see it today, is a joke and almost insulting. It doesn’t even cover all the Gen 3’s, and it seems like by the time it covers my 24 I’ll be out of warranty anyway. So do we get reimbursed for the extended warranty if we buy the tune, since it eliminates that too?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it like ~16 HP going from 87 to 93?

Wasn't expecting big HP gains, but that torque is weak too. Was at least hoping for ~600 engine torque numbers.

leadfoot310

Reaction score
Here is another theory: Ford Performance will release another tune for 2024+ that has better numbers than 2022-2023 tune since the 2024+ is the latest generation and they want it to compete with the RHO.