Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking…. Get within 30-40 hp of the RHO and be up 70-80ftlbs of torque. Offer it as a factory aftermarket for gen 3 to cover off on those thinking about the rho hp gap and for gen 4 make a version of this tune the standard calibration for the 3.5.

For ~$800-900 bucks and factory warranty support I am in.
100% that’s similar (or less) to what people are charging for custom tunes on these trucks anyhow…custom tunes that void the warranty! Its cool that ford did this

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d bet Ford has had this tune in their back pocket for some time. Waiting to play their cards until Ram revealed their RHO numbers.

The 3.5 is clearly capable of handling much more power, Ford knows this.
100% they know it look at the GT lol! Plus they obviously neutered the “real” torque available w/ the Gen2s, plus we all have been guinea pigs in a sense tuning these trucks & going hard on em, there are people w/ 150-200k miles tuned on these engines….hell I’m almost @ 80k on mine & haven’t even had the hint of an issue

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, confused by the poster saying 23-25 Raptor. Should be 21-24+.

That would be me. Posted that because the 21-22 can be tuned as is. With 23+ still unable to be cracked, i figured as much mostly the 23+ crowd will want these until aftermaket finally gets through the encryption. I figured to throw 25 in there since I believe the order banks are open now

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a counter on the ECU that counts the number of ignition cycles since the last ECU reflash. So take it in for warranty work and there’s like seven cycles then they’ll know that the ECU information has been modified recently.
ive had 3 tuned raptors and have removed the tune every time i take it in. zero probs