FORD PASS Telematics Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FORD PASS on my '23R has been unresponsive after having the Oil Leak CSB performed. After spending some time on the phone with Ford Pass, they said I needed to let the dealer diagnose what is going on with it. Today, they had to work with Ford Engineering and concluded that the TCU needs replacing. Part is ordered and I'll post back here if that fixed the problem.
R,
HAP

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TCU Module was replaced last Friday. A master re-set to ensure there was not lingering issues, and all seems to be working as it should now.

R,
HAP

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course you can do that from the display screen. But the TCU is also what allows vehicle data and health reports to help mange your vehicle. If it does not communicate, you can’t remote start and use other features like that.
R,
HAP

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You can remote start from the key fob, but not your phone. I’m good with that anyway. Just so you know, you can’t physically stop them from gathering your data from the Sync screen in the vehicle. You can “turn off” the communication to YOUR Ford Pass app, but what they don't tell you is that THEY can still see your data, but YOU just can’t see it in the app. The only way to fully turn off their access is to disable the vehicle’s communication device itself.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep key fob. But not from anywhere beyond its range.
Just wanted to close the loop as promised in the original post.
All the best.
R,
HAP