Finally picked up my Gen 1 — now the fun starts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jbfj

Reaction score
Yeah,ive owned mine for 8 trouble free years now,except for rebuilding the rear end..but thats my fault,tends to happen when you have 600hp supercharger...so getting time to open the checkbook..shocks,upgrade brakes,tune up,trans-cooling flush...been buying parts little at time so it doesnt hurt as much..figuring $7k when done.
So,your Ford dealer might be different,but mine wouldnt touch it..said if they did the recall it wouldnt run right and if it was running ok now..leave it alone..But the funny thing is next day i get call from Service manger telling me to contact Whipple (covering his ass,id say) which is where i learned the programmer and tune is $1000..and,well back in 2014 they didnt send with the truck after Shelby sent to Whipple for the SC...even called original owner to make sure he didnt have....hopefully for you Roush is different...but not happy with Shelby America or Whipple at this point...my truck got a $22k upgrade at time and they didnt include the programmer
Whole point of the recall is to keep it running ok!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole point of the recall is to keep it running ok!
Couldnt agree more.....but from what I learned...even though Roush and Shelby are Ford's...once you put a SC on it,its now a modified vehicle..and we all know how dealers like to use that as an excuse....my gripe is the Mod's were done and sold thru Ford....got a recall notice...Why wont you honor the recall..! You have vehicles that can go from 80mph to 0 ...you sold Supercharged vehicles and now you say...just leave it alone if your not having problems..LOLOLOLOLOLOL seems to me if this "problem" happens its gonna be ugly...!
Same old BS...Ford sends you to Shelby....Shelby sends you to Whipple....Whipple has terrible customer service,so took me a month of emails and phone calls before they let me know I needed to bend over and hand them $1000 so FORD could do the recall...at same time Ford is telling me to not worry about it...
Still love my Raptor to death..just not the runaround and BS....
Hope you have better outcome...would love to hear how it goes for you....!

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It took me quite A few dealers. I called the number on the recall letter....they called the dealer they set up the appointment. took on the day they scheduled. in out in an hour.