Fast Turn Signals But Hazard Lights Are Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JLopez

Reaction score
the resistor goes inline with the power wire to the led. you need to find the circuit that is having issues though. if the left turn signal is flashing fast, verify both rear bulbs work and the front bulb works. then verify none of them are led.
So both turn signals are fast, but the hazard lights are normal, so would I need two and put them on both signals?

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should also check your BCM. I had issues with the Alpharex LED tail lights. I'm pretty sure the resistors went out on them and caused a code in the BCM so even with good lights i got hyper blink. I used this tool to scan and clear the code. Looks like its not available but you should be able to find something similar. Just make sure it can read and clear BCM codes. I went back to OEM tail lights but i do have LED headlights (retrofits) and LED front turn signals and so far no issues for several years. Only had issues with tail lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6HWY6C/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have led daytime running lights, but the actual headlights are hid, the only leds I have are the tail/ brake lights and the third brake light
then you will have hyperflash. any led in those positions (other than the 3rd brake light) will cause it. you will need to wire resistors in front and back for each light

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh too easy, thank you, would you know what specific resistors I’d need?
it varies. i worked with a vendor several years back and he had issues with varying resistance even though it was the same model truck. one truck was a 3 ohm, another was 5 ohm, etc. he had several of the same trucks but they all wanted to see different resistance. get adjustable resistors, that will allow you to fine tune it. however they are not waterproof so you will need to insulate it. or just try whatever is available and see if it works