Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just paid $1300 for the 5 year, /75,000 mile warranty. I'm sure it will pay for itself in the long run.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $1700 for a 6yr 120k premium care warranty which covers pretty much everything

Sent from my S4

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

I paid $1700 for a 6yr 120k miles premium care warranty which covers pretty much everything

Sent from my S4

Sent from my S4

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Ford Premium Care warranty 6yr 120k miles for $1700 and it covers everything pme if ya want the guys info

Sent from my S4

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your warranty covers the truck bumper to bumper for 60,000 miles. If you change shocks and your transmission goes out its covered by the warranty. If your shock goes out its not covered. Unless the part you replaced directly effects the part that failed then your going to have no warranty. If you buy a programmer and program your truck and the transmission fails because of the program then its not covered... It really is pretty simple if it can be tied to something you did the warranty is void... If it just failed no fault of anything you did its covered...

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your warranty covers the truck bumper to bumper for 60,000 miles. If you change shocks and your transmission goes out its covered by the warranty. If your shock goes out its not covered. Unless the part you replaced directly effects the part that failed then your going to have no warranty. If you buy a programmer and program your truck and the transmission fails because of the program then its not covered... It really is pretty simple if it can be tied to something you did the warranty is void... If it just failed no fault of anything you did its covered...

Yes - with suspension work and a programmer/tune I figured enough breakable stuff would be tied to the mods and didn't want to go through the headache of fighting with Ford should something go wrong. I hedged my bets and used the money for more truck stuff. Time will tell if that was a smart or dumb idea, but I'm comfortable with it.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pardon my ignorance...but I saw a lot of posts saying the ext warranties are a bad idea if you plan to mod the truck...is this because the warranty company will not cover stuff breaking when they see aftermarket parts? H0w strict are they?

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who do you have insurance through?

I used Geico for years.

They have a warranty called MBI insurance. It basically covers anything your existing factory warranty won't cover for 7 years 100k miles.

Paying about $60 a year on top of premium.

Check if your insurance company has something similar.