eBay Knockoff Fox Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
One of the best things you can do when your shocks wear out is use it as an excuse to upgrade your suspension. It just might be a little better shock on up to something a lot better. It is worth the money and you will love the new feel of the truck. If you go the upgrade route you can sell your old shocks and recoup some good $$. IMHO this and new wheels/tires will make the truck feel brand new again. It saves me at least a few years before I get the upgrade truck itch ;)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best things you can do when your shocks wear out is use it as an excuse to upgrade your suspension. It just might be a little better shock on up to something a lot better. It is worth the money and you will love the new feel of the truck. If you go the upgrade route you can sell your old shocks and recoup some good $$. IMHO this and new wheels/tires will make the truck feel brand new again. It saves me at least a few years before I get the upgrade truck itch ;)
That might be true,but sometimes not wise $$ wise...do you throw $10k into a $30k truck....really depends on how long someone will keep.
An update from earlier post.Just got off phone with our local Les Schwab that i use...guy checked prices and called me back...even he was Shocked....seems Fox upgraded to 3.0 from 2.5 and prices are crazy...$3800 per 2 installed..so $7600..And as i figured,they cant install "refurbished"...
So mine is a Shelby...i did good and its gone up in value,but upgrading to the tune if $10k isnt going to add any value to it,and it rides just fine with the 2.5's
Guess every Raptor owner must make the decision..mine is soon due for everything..brakes,shocks,complete tune up,trans service..and tires soon after...so im looking at a $10k bill...without upgrading to new suspension system...
Not complaining..freakin LOVE my Raptor.....but house needs new roof too..
Just my opinion and know those are a dime a dozen..

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly..!!
BTW..know its an old post.....here are new prices factoring in BIDENOMICS..!! as of 9/15/2024
BL3Z18124J : Fronts : $553.99 each
BL3Z18125K : Rears : $404.99
Complete set out the door with shipping and tax : $1969.65

Figuring what most are charging for "Exchange" and scamming you on "Core" charges...looks like for around $500-$600 more you can get a new set,and sell your old cores for a few bucks...IMHO
So...FordTech...your the expert..are the part #s i listed correct...and is it true Motorcraft Fox now goes with 3.0 ... mine would be stock and 2.5 correct?
Thanks..

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scabs and Screws have different shocks/part numbers. I think those 4J/5K are Screw shock part numbers.

Don't forget about the Motocraft ASHxxxxx part numbers too.

I've never see a truly complete part number list for both cab configurations and Gen 1 OEM Fox shocks.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They cost $110 more per shock now at Rockauto compared to when your bought yours.

$440 ea plus shipping + tax now.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They cost $110 more per shock now at Rockauto compared to when your bought yours.

$440 ea plus shipping + tax now.
This wasn't my order....it was dale's order ( A friend) I have been rebuilding my own. I did buy his cores to rebuild.
Like @Jhollowell I will do local rebuilds.