DREAM GARAGE coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I’m going with Harbor Freight Yukons so 18” depth x 46” width. Likely going to have 6 or 7 of them...

FWIW - Those Yukons tend to go on sale every once in awhile for around $279 - $299 . If you plan on buying a few of them, wait for the sale price / coupon that HF utilizes.

They're not bad for what they are (especially at the sale pricepoint) for light to medium basic garage work, but the drawer depth does present some storage limitations - shouldn't be a problem if you're gonna use several of them though.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd go 24" depth at least for your main box.

The boxes at Menards are the best bang for the money in the 24" depth. They are built by Montezuma, who also builds the box I bought.

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - Those Yukons tend to go on sale every once in awhile for around $279 - $299 . If you plan on buying a few of them, wait for the sale price / coupon that HF utilizes.

They're not bad for what they are (especially at the sale pricepoint) for light to medium basic garage work, but the drawer depth does present some storage limitations - shouldn't be a problem if you're gonna use several of them though.
That’s the plan. Got the Harbor Freight credit card and they gave me the ITC for free with the CC. You also get 10% off your first CC purchase so…….I know from the YouTube leaked Parking Lot sale that the Yukons will be $299 and with my 10% off that’ll be $270.

Home Depot sent me 2 X 10% OFF coupons with CC purchase so I’m using one to buy all of my lumber and trim work for the bases as I’m removing the wheels from the Yukons. I’m 10 days away from closing on the new house so the clock will start soon……as will the work.

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a few more pieces during the PrimeDay Sale:

- Retractable extension cord $59
- 5/8” 100’ retractable hose $89
- Refurbed Ryobi PW ~$98 with free shipping from tool outletIMG_7468.jpegIMG_7467.jpegIMG_7466.jpeg

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I chickened out on the custom built spotless water system. I went with this one and it’ll be much less $’s short and long term. The other way would’ve looked cool, but would’ve had 4X the number of failure points.

Attachments

• IMG_7485.jpeg
    IMG_7485.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 16

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an excellent thread, OP. I've been a fan of Matt Moreman of OG since before he was OG. I completely agree his prices are high, yet he's the one who's done all the research, etc.

As for Harbor Freight, it's so hit and miss. I got a pretty decent rifle case on sale but when I bought a Pelican case, I saw some differences that convinced me it was worth the extra dough.

I also bought, probably should have known better, a set of five different pliers from them for like 20 bucks. That should've been my first hint they were garbage.

Love your ighting. Keep up the good work.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a great thread...

...that I can follow when I become a millionaire...