DREAM GARAGE coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is amazing and I’m watching with glee!

So I can continue to live vicariously through you, you should convert your garage doors to high-bay with wall-mount jack shaft openers. That way they are tight to the ceiling and your fancy lights will be even fancier.

These guys sell DIY parts. I’m planning on doing mine if I ever finish my main house https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/garage-door-high-lift-conversion.php

Do you have a link to the ceiling hex lights? Much cheaper than I expected.
Here’s the company I used. US reviews all looked good.

Noble Lighting Store

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve shared my current garage pics in the past…..

IMG_7397.jpegIMG_7396.jpegIMG_7395.jpegIMG_7398.jpeg…..which definitely served my needs. I already have my US General (old version) box sold to my buddy. The Seville Classics setup is going to my wife for crafts. When I’m done I’ll have:

- 4x8 Kobalt Tool wall
- 4x8 Pressure washer, vacuum, deionized water wall
- ~28’ Tool box wall with uppers

The 4x8 sheets will be screwed into studs so then I can put the equipment wherever I want w/o chasing studs with a stud finder.

Mizzac

Reaction score
I’ll let you know. They aren’t heavy so my idea is to use fishing line with several attachment points. Garage is 25x35 so there will be lots of areas not covered. I’ll have 2 retractable 50’ cords that will be wall mounted and get me moveable power pretty much anywhere I need it.
You should consider magnets. Screw the magnet I to a stud and then if it's a metal bracket just "click" it on. I use them to hang tons if my stuff

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following great thread I have most of this done in my garage but the Pex B for water supply for my wall mounted pressure washer is a great idea. I used copper pipe and soldered everything together I want to redo it to Pex B.

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, where'd you get that Texaco pump mini fridge? My dad and I need one for our collection of real pumps
I have 3. One in my office (at work), one in my garage and one in our game room. They are all just refrigerators with decals + reproduction gas pump globes on top. Pre-Covid the small fridges were ~$99, big one was $200. The globes are $119, stickers were around $35. I don’t have a great picture of the big one, so I pulled it off of our Zillow listing. LOL. So all-in $250 small $360 large.

Pump Decals -> https://www.killerdecals.com/
Gas Globes - > https://vintagegaspumpsupply.com/collections/13-5-brand-globes/texaco

Attachments

• IMG_7399.jpeg
    IMG_7399.jpeg
    852.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the recliners and big screen? Do you even bench race bro? :)
This was the one car garage of our 3 car setup at the old house. New house we’ll have a 5 car so I’m taking the 3 car. Definitely going to have a TV. We have an old 65” plasma that won’t die so that’ll be my garage TV. As for bench racing…..kinda

IMG_7400.jpeg

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following great thread I have most of this done in my garage but the Pex B for water supply for my wall mounted pressure washer is a great idea. I used copper pipe and soldered everything together I want to redo it to Pex B.
That’s one of the things I’ve never done. I can do light electric, light construction, lay tile, etc. I’ve just never sweated copper pipe. I like PEX B frankly because it’s cheap and easy to modify down the road. All-in the plumbing side of my install will be $100 + $25 crimping tool. I considered PEX A but it’s a little more involved. I already did a ‘test setup’ using some barbed 3/4” GHT connectors and my newly built bucket fillers. Took 5 minutes and the best part NO LEAKS. I’ll still have a shut off valve outside the garage where it comes outside/in. That way even a catastrophic failure is outside, not in the garage.