Disable Tailgate Release Button (on dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a diamondback cover on my 22. I'd like to lock valuables in the bed but I worry that simply breaking the driver's window and pressing the tailgate release button on the dash would provide access to the bed. That said, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone could answer...

Is there a way to disable this button and maintain the functionality of the tailgate? If I disconnect the button, will the tailgate still work? Will the remote still release the tailgate?

Thanks for your consideration.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lock your truck, take the fob well away, use the manual key to unlock and see if the button works -- or hell just roll down the window and take the fob away...

Might not be an issue at all

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its as easy to take a quick crowbar to the diamondback cover as it is to break the window and push the button. No great solution here, as if somebody is motivated enough to break the window, they also can pry the cover just as easily.