Current '23 R Market Conditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go tell florida buyers that and they will laugh. These 23's used are still pulling in 130's and off the lot within days at the dealer

i’m assuming the reason is people in florida don’t know how to use autotrader or computers maybe?

Attachments

• A797254C-C84E-4510-9E86-0688B4E9A7AC.png
    A797254C-C84E-4510-9E86-0688B4E9A7AC.png
    569.7 KB · Views: 15

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for those lol I'm just seeing what's there and what they are actually selling for at the dealers(asked the salesman etc). Market will stay steady with these.
asking a “salesman” ? worst person to ask they lie all the time. the wholesale market dropped 8k in a week down from 122k to 116k ( wholesale was 141k in may 23 for reference ) they will continue to drop not go back up. this is not real estate. the covid world is over.

cr23raptor1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
asking a “salesman” ? worst person to ask they lie all the time. the wholesale market dropped 8k in a week down from 122k to 116k ( wholesale was 141k in may 23 for reference ) they will continue to drop not go back up. this is not real estate. the covid world is over.
Who's knows. He showed me the sheet though

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Who's knows. He showed me the sheet though
The price at the dealer is what they’re asking. The price it actually sells for is almost NEVER that.

I’m sure he’s “sold 3 at $15,000.00 over MSRP” and he’s probably enough of a narcissist to actually believe that lie he tells other people and him/herself. THAT is one characteristic that makes salespeople good at what they do- get the most money for the product they’re selling.

did the sheet he showed you have 4 boxes on it ? ;-)

Seriously. You cannot and should not believe sales people in matters of automobile purchases. On anything.

cr23raptor1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price at the dealer is what they’re asking. The price it actually sells for is almost NEVER that.

I’m sure he’s “sold 3 at $15,000.00 over MSRP” and he’s probably enough of a narcissist to actually believe that lie he tells other people and him/herself. THAT is one characteristic that makes salespeople good at what they do- get the most money for the product they’re selling.

did the sheet he showed you have 4 boxes on it ? ;-)

Seriously. You cannot and should not believe sales people in matters of automobile purchases. On anything.
Yep all 4 boxes the whole list sheet

vill

Reaction score
95% of Vehicles depreciate. Some vehicles might hold their value better than others but they depreciate. I think the R will hold its value better than other vehicles like the gen 1 did but it won’t sell above sticker forever. I think after a few years they will hover around 95-105 for low miles and 90 and under for higher mileage ones. At the end of the day it’s still just an F150.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more they keep making, the more the price and resale will be effected. The C8 market was similar. People spending 130K or more on them in 2020, now you can pick up a 2020 Z51 2LT with 10K miles for 70-73K with some options. The market got flooded with them and the values tanked. New ones can be had at MSRP fairly easily if not lower in rare cases. If I owned an R and cared about resale, Id want Ford to stop making them immediately. lol

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more they keep making, the more the price and resale will be effected. The C8 market was similar. People spending 130K or more on them in 2020, now you can pick up a 2020 Z51 2LT with 10K miles for 70-73K with some options. The market got flooded with them and the values tanked. New ones can be had at MSRP fairly easily if not lower in rare cases. If I owned an R and cared about resale, Id want Ford to stop making them immediately. lol

It's funny you post the comparison to the C8s. It does seem to parallel the Raptors. The standard C8 was a bigger hit, have to have right away, than the Gen 3 Raptor. Ther C8ZO6 and Raptor R are more aligned in their desirability. Both the R and Z06 are still holding value well but the market is softening.

Sam