Corsa extreme drones, per Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's coming from Corsa

You're right. You don't have drone. You have exhaust tones that are audible under load, and are particularly audible at 75-80mph. It isn't "drone" though. It's just an exhaust "sound" that is the same pitch and intensity each time and is continuous in the cab. It doesn't have the harmonic resonance to make everything rattle. It's just a sound....

Right.....

You guys crack me up. God forbid someone with a brain points out that Corsa isn't the holy grail of exhausts....

Why don't we talk about the SPD adapter placebo effect too??? No one can dyno verify one but OMG it sure does work!

Oh no wait... there is a member who recently did dyno one and it did nothing, but he's sure it will once he has a tune. Pigs fly and geese lay golden eggs too.

I'm done posting about it now. It's your money. Spend it as you see fit.
At least we know where the BS is coming from.......

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know...

https://youtu.be/7GcxQ32X0NE

Even with a low quality recording.... listening on an iPhone.... you can hear the deep drone this thing has while he's talking and cruising. But wait a minute.... that's not drone.... it's just an "exhaust note" that is audible inside the truck, at cruising speed in a deep, unpleasant frequency and is continuous...

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

It sounds the same as my Gibson I had.

But it's not drone.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then don't f'in buy a Corsa. Sheesh. I personally like it, no unpleasant tones in my opinion. Thought you were done posting on this? Do you work for Borla???

D

Deleted member 12951

Then don't f'in buy a Corsa. Sheesh. I personally like it, no unpleasant tones in my opinion. Thought you were done posting on this? Do you work for Borla???[emoji23]

Perhaps works for Ford Performance or has a hard-on for them since that is what he is waiting on. That video was a prototype, so yeah...

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps works for Ford Performance or has a hard-on for them since that is what he is waiting on. That video was a prototype, so yeah...

Perhaps you guys work for Corsa? Why else would you be perpetuating a false claim that their extreme exhaust is drone free?

I hate liars, but what I hate even more than liars are people stupid enough to believe a liar.

My point is well made. If you want to exist in your garden of rainbows and gumdrops have at it.

I have one interest with exhausts... that's a system that produces a small amount of recoverable horsepower without excessive noise with a good tone without drone.

Corsa doesn't cut it. Their sport version uses the stock restrictive resonator. In other words... it's going to do nothing other than lighten your wallet and be a little louder. Their extreme version drones. End of story.

I can't tell you if the FOMOCO exhaust will drone or not. I haven't installed it. Rest assured, if it drones or sounds like crap I'll be letting everyone know.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
It is not possible to make this engine sound good unless you go the "quiet performance" muffler route. You will never get it to growl properly, but you can quiet it down, improve performance and get more turbo sound

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you guys work for Corsa? Why else would you be perpetuating a false claim that their extreme exhaust is drone free?

I hate liars, but what I hate even more than liars are people stupid enough to believe a liar.

My point is well made. If you want to exist in your garden of rainbows and gumdrops have at it.

I have one interest with exhausts... that's a system that produces a small amount of recoverable horsepower without excessive noise with a good tone without drone.

Corsa doesn't cut it. Their sport version uses the stock restrictive resonator. In other words... it's going to do nothing other than lighten your wallet and be a little louder. Their extreme version drones. End of story.

I can't tell you if the FOMOCO exhaust will drone or not. I haven't installed it. Rest assured, if it drones or sounds like crap I'll be letting everyone know.

And I hate people who talk to hear their head roar......or drone.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Cold start. Corsa with res delete.https://youtu.be/erOzjlviyeE