Corsa extreme drones, per Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I know several over at Corsa / TMG Performance... they have said that place is a mess and they are trying hard to resurrect it. They had a decent system years ago, but that place got run into the ground. It has a LONG way to go to get back to a quality product.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is a crock of shit. "May exhibit unwanted tones under heavier than normal load conditions" does NOT mean DRONE. Even the Xtreme system does not drone, at all. With the resonator delete installed, the exhaust is simply LOUD under heavier engine loads. If you are not a fan of loud exhausts, stick with the Corsa Sport system and keep your resonator on. End of story.

Source: I have had a Corsa Xtreme system on my G2 for about 3 months now. Also many other forum members have recently installed Corsa systems who can verify.

weezy

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Was planing on Kooks downpipes with Corsa extreme but now might have to stick with sport version.

Please don't change your opinion of a product based on one person's experience who has never owned the product, and is just sour about having a bad experience with his exhaust.

No drone at all to the Xtreme system, don't hesitate to get a Corsa Xtreme or Borla ATAK system.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're ridiculous.

Keep fooling yourself that your ear piercing exhaust is lauded by onlookers for miles around.

The raspy blapping droning resonator free exhausts are more unpleasant to the majority than the other way around or else Ford would have happily installed a 50 state legal version that drones and blaps.

I stand by everything I've posted.

This whole thread is a crock of shit. "May exhibit unwanted tones under heavier than normal load conditions" does NOT mean DRONE. Even the Xtreme system does not drone, at all. With the resonator delete installed, the exhaust is simply LOUD under heavier engine loads. If you are not a fan of loud exhausts, stick with the Corsa Sport system and keep your resonator on. End of story.

Source: I have had a Corsa Xtreme system on my G2 for about 3 months now. Also many other forum members have recently installed Corsa systems who can verify.

weezy

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Please don't change your opinion of a product based on one person's experience who has never owned the product, and is just sour about having a bad experience with his exhaust.

No drone at all to the Xtreme system, don't hesitate to get a Corsa Xtreme or Borla ATAK system.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're ridiculous.

Keep fooling yourself that your ear piercing exhaust is lauded by onlookers for miles around.

The raspy blapping droning resonator free exhausts are more unpleasant to the majority than the other way around or else Ford would have happily installed a 50 state legal version that drones and blaps.

I stand by everything I've posted.

I don't take recommendations from people who rip on a product without trying it. You don't hear me on the forums spouting misinformation and garbage about things I'm ignorant to.

If you want to enjoy a quiet ride on your way to bingo on Tuesday afternoons, have at it. I would rather hear my Ford Performance engine rumble and growl.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't take recommendations from people who rip on a product without trying it. You don't hear me on the forums spouting misinformation and garbage about things I'm ignorant to.

If you want to enjoy a quiet ride on your way to bingo on Tuesday afternoons, have at it. I would rather hear my Ford Performance engine rumble and growl.

What do you have against Bingo?

I stop there after my quilting club meets.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

From what I've known about Corsa, they use their so-called RSC technology for no drone.
CORSA

@Guy is correct that Corsa does state that with part 14397 (with BPC or GNM too) paired with the X-pipe part 14396 that it might produce unwanted tones under heavier than normal load conditions but like @weezy stated, that doesn't mean drone. With RSC, Corsa is stating that there is no drone at "cruising speeds" which is where drone is usually heard. I don't think you would be cruising at heavy load conditions.

I did just price a setup for a customer and our distributor is being very aggressive with pricing and shipping on these. He is bringing in stock so we don't have to drop ship it from Corsa to save even more. I was pleasantly surprise the price I was able to offer now. It will definitely help cut down on the 8-10 lead time currently.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
There is no drone. I have the corsa xtreme and I can confirm there is no drone. What they are trying to say is your exhaust will be extremely loud under heavy load, (towing, driving it uphill like you stole it). Any exhaust under load will be louder, period.
I've had adults in the truck and we've all had normal conversations without the exhaust being obtrusive.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have researched exhausts extensively for months.
I have scoured every forum, every review, every video.

I post what I find. It's a service to those who would prefer not to end up like the original poster of this thread and myself... and get burned with a loud obnoxious droning exhaust.

You don't agree with what I post... don't believe it... but I'm a pretty bright guy. Perhaps that's the problem.... maybe I'm not stupid enough to drive around sounding like a lawn mower.