converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. You're correct. "Anyone who STILL has a Raptor is wrong." :winner_first_h4h:

I love the internet - it's the great equalizer - anyone with a keyboard can be clever. :pepper:

I like to think I'm pretty clever in real life too :hidesbehindsofa:

Damn Dan you were one of the original Raptor owners.

OP
OP
T

Turelli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps are bad ass. Just cost a bunch.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Rock crawling is cool and all but i still want to be able to fly out in the desert.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Hey anyone run 37 toyos on their trucks?

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Jeeps hold resale value better than Raptors, don't they?

I would not say "better" but they do hold their value. I think the main difference are jeeps are way more common so it's a more competitive market.

I have a TJ and could probably sell it for what I paid....... with all the upgrades I have done to it.

Do not plan on selling either though for quite some time though.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=31296

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like to think I'm pretty clever in real life too :hidesbehindsofa:

Damn Dan you were one of the original Raptor owners.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Rock crawling is cool and all but i still want to be able to fly out in the desert.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I would not say "better" but they do hold their value. I think the main difference are jeeps are way more common so it's a more competitive market.

I have a TJ and could probably sell it for what I paid....... with all the upgrades I have done to it.

Do not plan on selling either though for quite some time though.

I suppose I was one of the "original Raptor owners" - one of thousands who bought a 5.4L Raptor Scab back in fall/winter of 2009. There are many out there (who don't do forums much anymore) who have them and a number who have sold them. We've had a number of folks who we ran with and did mods with who have "disappeared" from the forums.

Raptors are great fun to drive and mod. Amazing trucks on road and off. I loved mine and look forward to getting an aluminized Raptor :crazy:

As for modding, I will say that I've never seen a vehicle that is more fun to mod than a JK Jeep. So many products, options, possibilities. That's one thing that's really been a lot of fun about owning a Jeep.

And regarding off roading, running the desert washes at speed is amazing in a Raptor. Heck, running at speed off road is great fun in a Raptor. But there are some concerns especially with a wife and dog in the vehicle. Running through some unseen whoops does create for some excitement (and a flying dog on more than one occasion; note to Peta people: the dog was harnessed inside the vehicle but zero-gravity does cause dog flying on occasion).

Having the Jeep means I can go places impossible for the Raptor to go (e.g. Rainbow Wash in A-B DSP to the very end) and I no longer have to worry about the routes we're taking in Death Valley when we're doing our multi-day trips with my Jeeper friends ("can the Raptor fit through that canyon?").

My goal is to own both (like some here) the JKUR and the aluminized Raptor. I don't see selling the Jeep but a diesel updated Jeep does make me wonder about that (I never thought I'd sell my Raptor either).

I do think about which vehicle can do more and I'd say the Jeep can since it can go places the Raptor can't (while the Raptor can go places faster). They're both great for certain things and together they make a great pair of do-it-all-vehicles.

I'm one of those people who's not afraid of change; it's good to embrace it since it happens all the time.

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have a jeep and it has held it's resale value really well, but I do think the Raptor holds it a bit better. Definitely a million aftermarket options for jeeps which makes it super easy to mod, and cruising top down on the summer with the doors off is also a blast. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
T

Turelli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015v they say the jeep wrangler will have a diesel option. That has me sold if it is. my next truck or vehicle will be diesel.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KBB is projecting the 2014 Wrangler resale at 70% after three years and 59% after five years. They put it third behind the FJ and Tacoma.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have 37" toyos