Concealed Carry console mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give me 49 guesses and I would not have guessed TX was a non open carry state. Here's to hoping HB 700 passes for you guys.

"...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
here's one we did for a customer in TX for his XD45. left handed holster, here's what we used, Fobus Standard Left Hand Paddle Holsters - Springfield Armory XD / HS 2000 9 / 357 / 40 5" 4" SP11LH SP11LH. Fobus Paddle Holsters.
I just drilled out the rivets to remove the rear paddle, and used those holes with a nice button head bolt and nylock nut on the back side, looks factory and is very solid.
gun_holster_ford_raptor.png

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone think about mounting in the drivers door pocket? Draw would be easy but not sure about firing...

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone think about mounting in the drivers door pocket? Draw would be easy but not sure about firing...

I played around with this idea in my 250 a couple years ago and yes the draw is super simple but unless you can maneuver and fire the pistol it's pointless. Also you have to think about the most likely situation you will find yourself in. A car jacking. If the guy rips the door open somehow now your pistol is 3 feet away from you and he's between you and your gun. Next, if he doesn't get the door open but has a knife to you what excuse do you have to move your left hand? Almost none. The right hand has plenty such as "Let me put the truck in park." "Let me turn the key off." "I keep my wallet in this cubby." The list goes on and on bro. I hope this is a little insightful but then again I'm only a half hearted firearms expert. Haha.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just an idea. I was looking down there today and saw all that storage.

Pros
Hidden
Storage
Easy access

Negs
Everything you said. Lol.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at options. I like those a lot. I will try the lid one, if that isn't quite right, I will do the side mount.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just an idea. I was looking down there today and saw all that storage.

Pros
Hidden
Storage
Easy access

Negs
Everything you said. Lol.

Yeah, wasn't trying to sound like an ass about it but I've done a lot of thought and research haha. Sorry dude!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an M&P9c sitting in the safe I never carry and thought it would be great to make a holster for the truck. I saw the other thread about carry options and got a few ideas. I ended up buying a Blackhawk something or other holster, with a removable paddle that is bolted on (this was important). I went down to the Home Depot and bought some Lexan (couldn't find any other plastic sheet that would be suitable) and a few 8-32 bolts (socket head, they didnt have countersunk long enough, these would have been better).

I took a scrap 2x4 and cut a small wedge, drilled holes to match the holster, and mocked it up. Once I had the wedge shaped correctly, I painted it all black, bolted it together and then used a second layer of Lexan to account for the bolt heads (again, countersinking would have been preferred...). I used two sided tape to fasted this to the console as not to drill up the truck. So far its holding great, seeing I've tripled the needed tape (four inches hold one pound). All in all, it came out great, is concealed, and is very accessible. :gr_guns:

Thank you for this wonderful mod!!!uploadfromtaptalk1378642623452.jpg

GA_Raptor89

Reaction score
Im right handed, but bought a left handed galco kydex holster, clips and stays right on the storage drivers side cubby hole... quick fix, and easy to access if need be... Merica!