Concealed Carry console mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm constantly reading this thread being so jealous of your carry options. Love the ideas guys. Just be sure to practice. It's amazing how muscle memory takes over in a high stress life threatening situation, I've seen it first hand. If your used to drawing from the belt, practice from the truck because if it's not natural or first instinct you will always grab for the belt first.

Stay switched on my friends! Practice practice practice. Even if it's every time you park in the driveway or garage yank it out once or twice. This way it will become natural.

For instance I'm left handed, I can draw and shoot with my right as its a requirement for qualifications at work but... I also wear a cew in a right hand draw, this keeps my confidence up to use my right if in a vehicle so I can shoot cross chest rather than being all kinked up with my left. Lefties I suggest going to the range and spending a day doing this, it will make life much easier if required. If your driving that day it you will appreciate it. Even if you draw left and transition hands to shoot. I highly suggest anyone being able to shoot comfortably with either hand.

This is no lecture, just advice from someone who has had to draw with support hand from the hip while in the driver seat, pinned in the car by another her car at my door (intentionally).

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was sitting in my truck yesterday thinking of the quickest locations to draw from and if you're right handed, Lance Vincent's spot is perfect. The only issue I have is concealment is next impossible in that location. I'd also be concerned when dealing with law enforcement.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was sitting in my truck yesterday thinking of the quickest locations to draw from and if you're right handed, Lance Vincent's spot is perfect. The only issue I have is concealment is next impossible in that location. I'd also be concerned when dealing with law enforcement.

That's my thought too. I love that location. It provides a perfect spot for a quick draw. Like you said though, it's wide open and some states require it to be concealed. Plus when not in the vehicle, if it's not your primary, then it is more tempting to break in and see if the gun is in the center console.

Texas Raptor

Reaction score
SERPA Holster Mounted to Seat Frame

Dave, I like the console idea you have...perfect. Wish I had seen it two days ago.
I took a 'fencing bracket', cut it in half, and bent it in the shape of a 'U'. Screwed some holes in it and bolted it to the seat frame under the driver right knee. On the other part of the bracket attached a SERPA holster for my P220. This set up is solid for holstering and the SERPA provides a little extra safety from kids or thieves that don't know how to work it.
I would provide pictures, but new to the site and not sure how to do that.

TX Raptor