Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this forum, I saved the SSM as a photo and just showed it to my service adviser when I dropped my truck off for an oil change. He said that it definitely applies to my truck and they will diagnose while I’m in for service.

UPDATE…Dealer just called to inform me that my rear shocks will be replaced. He said they are ordered and are planned to be overnighted for a tomorrow install. I cannot speak highly enough about the service I receive from this dealership for both my Raptor and my Bronco. Both were purchased out of state from other dealerships, but they always take care of me QUICKLY!!

Last edited:

LedFootRocky

Reaction score
Was called by my dealership. The part is on "restrict" meaning the part depot won't release it to the dealership. I wonder if they are going to recall the part or try to find a fix because the new part doesn't solve the problem. Said there was no ETA when the parts could be released. Picked up my truck and am now waiting on a call.
Got a call from the dealership saying the shocks were in. They ordered both rear (21 37pp) a little less than 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, with my schedule and them trying to get me a loaner I can't drop my truck off for another week. I'd definitely give ford customer service to see of that's true about being restricted.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my 22 off for the front shocks rattling on small bumps and rear shock noise when boincing on the back to the truck. Can feel it in my feet on the floorboard and gasd pedal. They said 24-36 hours until I will know something. I gave them the TSB when I dropped it off.
Just food for thought, but my newly replaced shocks clunk when you bounce on the back of the truck. I dont think that will get fixed with shock replacement.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a question maybe @FordTechOne can help?

On Service Record:
ML3Z*18124*AR
ML3Z*18124*AW
ML3Z*18125*BM
ML3Z*18125*BK

Stamped on part:
ML3V-18W002-FA
ML3Z-18125-BK
ML3Z-18124-AR
ML3V18B060-BJ

Are these supposed to correlate? I see two part numbers match the service records and two others do not.

Attachments

• IMG_4553.jpeg
    IMG_4553.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4550.jpeg
    IMG_4550.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 7

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a question maybe @FordTechOne can help?

On Service Record:
ML3Z*18124*AR
ML3Z*18124*AW
ML3Z*18125*BM
ML3Z*18125*BK

Stamped on part:
ML3V-18W002-FA
ML3Z-18125-BK
ML3Z-18124-AR
ML3V18B060-BJ

Are these supposed to correlate? I see two part numbers match the service records and two others do not.
No, they will not correlate. You’re comparing Service Part numbers with Engineering part numbers.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just food for thought, but my newly replaced shocks clunk when you bounce on the back of the truck. I dont think that will get fixed with shock replacement.
What do you suppose is doing the clunking? I had the rears replaced and it stopped. Rear shocks seem like an easy swap out so it’s unlikely they retorqued a loose component.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you suppose is doing the clunking? I had the rears replaced and it stopped. Rear shocks seem like an easy swap out so it’s unlikely they retorqued a loose component.
I dunno what to say other than my rears still clunk when I bounce on the rear. Unless the dealer didn’t replace the shocks they said they did that specific clunk scenario remains for me.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno what to say other than my rears still clunk when I bounce on the rear. Unless the dealer didn’t replace the shocks they said they did that specific clunk scenario remains for me.
After driving a Wrangler for 14 years and 240k miles my dream was a truck that didn’t have any rattles. Lol