Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Month 3 of this nonsense. I miraculously stumbled upon Ford Executive customer relations. I have an Executive rep, Chassis Engineer, and Field Service engineer involved in my clunk. I dont know why, or how... but we are here. I shared videos of the clunk 2 days ago. The executive care person hears the noise but "cant tell where it's coming from" because she's "not technical." The Chassis Engineer who received the videos from her "watched the videos" but it was "more wind noise than anything." I took time out of my Friday home with the family to cut down the video to 2 second clips of each clunk during each drive in each wheel well. I dont understand how anyone can deny hearing anything.

I have another dealership visit Monday where the executive care person, chassis engineer and field service engineer are supposed to be involved in it. All for something many of you here have walked in and out of with one service visit. Hell, I had that happened to me with my white 35 package gen 3. It's absurdity to the max. 5 dealership visits and I promise you not a single technician even put chassis ears on my shocks.

Here's the video. Hopefully it helps others. Im not a YouTuber or video person at all. I just want my shit fixed.

Last edited:

Raptured22

Reaction score
Month 3 of this nonsense. I miraculously stumbled upon Ford Executive customer relations. I have an Executive rep, Chassis Engineer, and Field Service engineer involved in my clunk. I dont know why, or how... but we are here. I shared videos of the clunk 2 days ago. The executive care person hears the noise but "cant tell where it's coming from" because she's "not technical." The Chassis Engineer who received the videos from her "watched the videos" but it was "more wind noise than anything." I took time out of my Friday home with the family to cut down the video to 2 second clips of each clunk during each drive in each wheel well. I dont understand how anyone can deny hearing anything.

I have another dealership Monday visit where the executive care person, chassis engineer and field service engineer are supposed to be involved in it. All for something many of you here have walking in and out of with one service visit. Hell, I had that happened to me with my white 35 package gen 3. It's absurdity to the max. 5 dealership visits and I promise you not a single technician even put chassis ears on my shocks.

Here's the video. Hopefully it helps others. Im not a YouTuber or video person at all. I just want my shit fixed.

I heard it. Even more so in the front. If the Ford techs say they can't hear the clunking in your video, they are full of shit.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer this morning to discuss the clunk and schedule an appointment. They didn't give a shit, barely listened to me and told me the soonest they could get me in is December 20th. Can't wait to see how this turns out...

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im not going to get too excited just yet but there's been a break for me.

Went for a ride with a tech (after they drove my truck 52 miles "without hearing it") and he admitted to hearing it front and rear. A day went by and I hadn't heard anything from my case manager, my dealership or the advisor. Got fed up and sent the manager a displeased email and a timeline I would have expected a reply before I just go pick up my truck. 15 minutes prior to me heading out, the service manager called me. Told me my advisor was out but didn't wanna leave me hanging. Also said they had the same tech drive their 2021 that they had on the lot and it "exhibited the same noises." Man I let him have it (as politely as I could I didn't wanna be a total *******). Mentioned to him everything ive been through, the SSM, the miles accumulated, the videos ive made etc etc. I recited the SSM number and its contents all from memory as its been such an ordeal I memorized it. Long story short he told me he had no idea the trouble ive gone through with this nonsense. He told me that he would be ordering all 4 shocks for me tomorrow morning. Man, what a thanksgiving relief. Hopefully it is done, but I still hold some reservation as they haven't technically been ordered or received yet.

I would say to everyone to remain persistent and keep pushing but at the same time I had every intention of picking up the truck and trading it in next week yesterday when nothing was going on. I dont think id handle going through all that again.

Happy thanksgiving all.

LANRAPTOR

Reaction score
I have the same issue awful clunking from the shocks... brought my truck in yesterday for the first time for this issue and I was told they will be replacing the two fronts and the two rear shocks no questions ask. I guess it all depends on the dealership you are bringing it too. hopefully this solves it going back in on December 12th for replacement. also getting the exhaust valve springs changed due to rattling. 2022 ford raptor clunk rattle and roll edition

Last edited:

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue awful clunking from the shocks... brought my truck in yesterday for the first time for this issue and I was told they will be replacing the two fronts and the two rear shocks no questions ask. I guess it all depends on the dealership you are bringing it too. hopefully this solves it going back in on December 12th for replacement. also getting the exhaust valve springs changed due to rattling. 2022 ford raptor clunk rattle and roll edition
I'm convinced the Chicagoland market is just full of ego inflated maniac service advisors.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! Report back if that solves your clunk.

Counting down the days until the 20th for my stab at this.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They called me Friday that they ordered the shocks and hardware but said a few items were on backorder. Guessing they didn’t say that for you?

Raptured22

Reaction score
They called me Friday that they ordered the shocks and hardware but said a few items were on backorder. Guessing they didn’t say that for you?
The dealership that I went to said that the rear shocks are not on back-order and that they will ship them as soon as they get off their asses. That was almost two weeks ago. I guess they haven't gotten off their asses. I also still think the fronts are acting up and that they didn't even test them. I'm on the fence of just ordering the Fox FRS 3.0s and saying the hell with the dealerships! I just don't have a good feeling letting them work on my truck.