Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done calling in a complaint at ford corporate with about dealership that has been sidelining me for months. The said they would have a rep call within a day. Rep called, it was someone from corporate customer care who said literally, "sorry but we cant help you unless your vehicle is literally at the dealership" the only suggestion they gave me was to try another dealership. Thanks!

Raptured22

Reaction score
Just got done calling in a complaint at ford corporate with about dealership that has been sidelining me for months. The said they would have a rep call within a day. Rep called, it was someone from corporate customer care who said literally, "sorry but we cant help you unless your vehicle is literally at the dealership" the only suggestion they gave me was to try another dealership. Thanks!
It's sad and it's not just Ford. Quality and costumer service has gone to shit in the last 3 or 4 years. The wife and I hardly eat out anymore because the service is not worth it. Food at home is much better. I can't recall anyone that I have spoken to personally, that was not upset with the service at Ford dealerships. It's a damn shame.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's sad and it's not just Ford. Quality and costumer service has gone to shit in the last 3 or 4 years. The wife and I hardly eat out anymore because the service is not worth it. Food at home is much better. I can't recall anyone that I have spoken to personally, that was not upset with the service at Ford dealerships. It's a damn shame.
Ya I’m not blaming ford at all, (other than needing to be at the dealer line) I entirely blame these ford dealerships. They mark up these truck 10-15-25 grand over sticker to take advantage of people and then kick the can when it comes to service. It literally says in the SSM what to do.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I’m not blaming ford at all,

Maybe you should blame Ford. Maybe we all should blame Ford

If they create an environment where their dealers can do whatever they want to customers, then they (Ford) are part of the problem.

They should punish dealers who make big bucks off of customers but turn around and screw them at any chance

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If they create an environment where their dealers can do whatever they want to customers, then they (Ford) are part of the problem.

They should punish dealers who make big bucks off of customers but turn around and screw them at any chance
Fair point my friend. I guess I’m just trying to say my main beef is with the dealership. Have another visit scheduled elsewhere Monday. They’ll either help me out or I’ll just move on to another vehicle.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you should look into franchise laws. Dealers are “independently owned and operated” and have strong political ties and lobbying power. If manufacturers step in, dealers are quick to file costly lawsuits.

Dealerships hold both the consumer and the manufacturer hostage by requiring both parties to do business exclusively through them and on their terms.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should look into franchise laws. Dealers are “independently owned and operated” and have strong political ties and lobbying power. If manufacturers step in, dealers are quick to file costly lawsuits.

Dealerships hold both the consumer and the manufacturer hostage by requiring both parties to do business exclusively through them and on their terms.
That’s the zinger because dealers are ruining the brand and business.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I disagree the dealers, especially independent dealers hold Ford hostage, Ford can regulate the vehicles it sends. All major manufacturers have paid lobbyists working everyday, the dealers don’t.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True. The automobile dealer franchise act of 1956 does impact this.

I was thinking naively of a free market unfettered by stupid laws