Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used it on my complete underside, it looks good after one winter of driving, but the shocks still corroded after 1 winter with it applied.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from Chris and did it today. I coated them pretty good. It seemed after it started drying, the yellow started fading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 150

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reviving a dead thread....

I read the first 15 pages ad the last couple.

So should I obviously avoid/cover up the rotors and calipers and the exhaust?

Is there anything else I should NOT hit with this stuff?

Shocks, springs, arms, all ok? Not sure I could point much else out under the vehicle

Im going to use high temp header paint for my exhaust since my past ones have rusted out and fallen off.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I would avoid the brakes, you can coat the exhaust. Doing so, you may have a smell for a few days while it cures completely, but it will not burn off. But, high temp paint would work on the exhaust as well. As for stuff not to hit with it, there isn't that much that you need to avoid. The only time it shouldn't be used would be with small electronic components that have moving parts. You can coat the engine, manifolds, exhaust piping, suspension, frame, inside of the body panels, etc, etc. I would recommend using the spray straw that comes with it to get into the tight areas between the mounting points for the suspension and other tight spots. While my testing has shown that the MPHD does really well at defending against rust encroaching under it, those tight spots would be susceptible to rust simply due to not being easily coated.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was quick to get my last truck protected, but not as good this time. 6000 miles, and there's a fair amount of surface rust under it now.

Should I just go ahead & spray the MPHD to the underside of the truck, or treat it somehow first?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk