Chris Ross Build Underway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sodrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the Ford factory Gt40 livery.... the baby blue and orange stripe cars were actually Gulf livery (gulf oil company) unrelated to Ford

this car took the checkered flag at the 1967 24 hours of le mans driven by my boss, Dan Gurney!

would look badass on a raptor....

Attachments

• gt401.jpg
    gt401.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 48
  • gt40.jpg
    gt40.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is the Ford factory Gt40 livery.... the baby blue and orange stripe cars were actually Gulf livery (gulf oil company) unrelated to Ford

this car took the checkered flag at the 1967 24 hours of le mans driven by my boss, Dan Gurney!

Really like this theme

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the history lesson. Learning has occurred!

I was under the impression that Gulf Oil was simply a sponsor and the cars were still a factory effort. Ford has helped (inadvertently?) foster this misconception by calling the new GT's with the Gulf Livery "heritage" cars.