Chevy wants to compete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Chevy 2017 Colorado ZR2 wants to compete with the Raptor and Wrangler. They really should be comparing it with the Tocoma TRD Pro.

The following are quotes from the article and the link:

“Chevy makes a Wrangler/Raptor mashup of its midsize pickup”

“We got a ride in a Colorado ZR2 on an extreme off-road course set up near the 2016 Los Angeles auto show, and found the launches and landings off big jumps and bumps to be almost as Cadillac-smooth as what I once experienced riding with “Ironman” Ivan Stewart in a SCORE Baja racer.”

2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 First Ride Review

It could be an option for those who want something smaller and with little wait.

Not for me…….My built date was 11/19 eta TBD.

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
Looks like Chevy 2017 Colorado ZR2 wants to compete with the Raptor and Wrangler. They really should be comparing it with the Tocoma TRD Pro.

“We got a ride in a Colorado ZR2 on an extreme off-road course set up near the 2016 Los Angeles auto show, and found the launches and landings off big jumps and bumps to be almost as Cadillac-smooth as what I once experienced riding with “Ironman” Ivan Stewart in a SCORE Baja racer.”

It could be an option for those who want something smaller and with little wait.

I saw this and I quite like it! I think it has some real advantages over the Raptor:

-true 'locking' front diff comes stock
-smaller size is better for wooded trails (like up here in New England)
-Diesel engine will provide much better economy
-DSSV shocks are even better than the fox shocks on the Raptor
-easier to live with as a daily-driver (not so big)

The real question, however, is cost. I'd want a crew cab diesel, and I worry that would cost $45k. For THAT amount of money, I'm not sure I'd pick it over the Raptor...

Either way, I'm impressed Chevy had the huevos to build this thing! It's a LOT more capable than the TRD Pro (due to real lockers and available diesel power) and it's honestly more than they needed to do to compete in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My god is that thing ugly

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so uglyyyy...interior looks like the 90's

You're not kidding. Chevrolet's interiors overall are like that. While looking into options along with the Raptor I checked out their newest Tahoe and 2500 (grizzly edition) and the interiors are god awful ugly. They seem to think putting in a touch screen is all they need to do to modernize their interiors ignoring the knobs, material, shift knob, steering wheel controls, overhead controls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing