Chevy wants to compete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugly, inside and out. i'd take a tacoma trd offroad/pro any day over this. but this isn't competition to the raptor.

now, if they actually build the nissan warrior...

Expletive

Reaction score
I saw this and I quite like it! I think it has some real advantages over the Raptor:

-true 'locking' front diff comes stock
-smaller size is better for wooded trails (like up here in New England)
-Diesel engine will provide much better economy
-DSSV shocks are even better than the fox shocks on the Raptor
-easier to live with as a daily-driver (not so big)

The real question, however, is cost. I'd want a crew cab diesel, and I worry that would cost $45k. For THAT amount of money, I'm not sure I'd pick it over the Raptor...

Either way, I'm impressed Chevy had the huevos to build this thing! It's a LOT more capable than the TRD Pro (due to real lockers and available diesel power) and it's honestly more than they needed to do to compete in the market.

I agree. I'm in SoCal and getting a Raptor at MSRP anytime soon seems to be out of the realm of possibilities, so I can wait for the ZR2. Even though it's in a different segment and not direct comparable competition to the Raptor, if it is priced low enough I may very well end up going that route instead. I actually wish the Raptor wasn't as big as it is.

Chevy could have really done some damage if the ZR2 came with bigger tires and a turbo V6 (and nicer interior).

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I agree. I'm in SoCal and getting a Raptor at MSRP anytime soon seems to be out of the realm of possibilities, so I can wait for the ZR2. Even though it's in a different segment and not direct comparable competition to the Raptor, if it is priced low enough I may very well end up going that route instead. I actually wish the Raptor wasn't as big as it is.

Chevy could have really done some damage if the ZR2 came with bigger tires and a turbo V6 (and nicer interior).

I think Chevy managed to squeeze a lot of tire under such a small truck. I'm sure with some glass fenders you'll be able to get more if you want.

The Turbo V6 would be nice, but honestly they would have gotten more press if it came with the 6.2L V8. I'm not saying that is a better motor, just that it would fly in the face of the TTV6 in the Raptor and would have brought in more buyers who really like V8's.

I would have also expected a more 'special' interior with better seats, and perhaps more color. The interior is really drab in the current picture.

I'd also like to see a winch-option and a light-bar option from the factory... but those are easily fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It only has 31" tires. Thats not a lot of tire. Heck ford was doing 31" tires stock 10+ years ago under the rangers. Chevy should have done at least 33's IMO

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with everyone else: that interior is an abomination; looks like a 90's model Pontiac in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk