Ceramic paint coating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The review says if the seats have never been conditioned before you need to use the cleaner first and then apply the conditioner. Will this be true for brand new seats or can I just apply the conditioner alone? I assume the brand new seats come unconditioned. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can apply it to the new seats without cleaning, as long as the dealer did not use anything on the leather when they prepped it.

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the Ceramic Wheel Coating, since it is better suited to the harsher conditions that the shocks experience.

In this post, I used the Ceramic Paint Coating on the wheels and shocks, but only because the Ceramic Wheel Coating had not been released yet, and winter was already starting, so I wanted to get them protected from all the deicer they use on the roads.

Write-up on FRF for Ceramic Coating on Wheels.

-Dan

Now for the grey painted trim the fenders and bumpers, you would use paint coating instead of trim coating?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now for the grey painted trim the fenders and bumpers, you would use paint coating instead of trim coating?

Correct. Use the Paint Coating on the gray parts of the bumpers and fender flares. The Trim Coating would only be used on the textured black plastic like the rear bumper step pads and the front bumperettes , along with the plastic vents, bed rail caps, door handles, etc.

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Use the Paint Coating on the gray parts of the bumpers and fender flares. The Trim Coating would only be used on the textured black plastic like the rear bumper step pads and the front bumperettes , along with the plastic vents, bed rail caps, door handles, etc.

Great I just wanted to make sure, I want to have everything I need for when my new truck comes ;)

rob0589

Reaction score
Best invention just had mine done. Pictures will never do justice. Literally like glass

theandrewpham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about xpel, cquartz, and ceramic coating. I was hoping any of you could testify to this rumor that ceramic coating stains over time. And if so, how easy can one take it off and reapply a new coat. I'm Sure we all want the best product for our rides and any info into these 3 products would be appreciated.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
last question.. When putting this on are you supposed to put it right over the vinyl decals?

If they are Matte black will it make them glossy looking???

rob0589

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about xpel, cquartz, and ceramic coating. I was hoping any of you could testify to this rumor that ceramic coating stains over time. And if so, how easy can one take it off and reapply a new coat. I'm Sure we all want the best product for our rides and any info into these 3 products would be appreciated.

My detailer is reapplying every 12-16 months for me.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

last question.. When putting this on are you supposed to put it right over the vinyl decals?

Does not change finish. I did the entire exterior except windshield.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit nervous starting out with ceramic coating on the new vehicle. Maybe if I practiced on an older car. I think I'm going to use Adams paint sealant for now.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Coatings have to be polished off to be removed. Some guys will wetsand the paint to remove the coating but everyone has their own methods. You can NOT easily remove coating. Some coatings have been known to "stain" over time but most of the brands have came along way where those are things of the past. I have CQuartz UK on my 16' Charger and I have zero issues thus far. My paint, glass, wheels and brake calipers are coated. If you get a quality coating applied it should last you years if maintained properly. Car Pro makes a product called Essence that you can use to polish your existing coating and then you could apply another layer of CQuartz over the top and keep a few layers of coating on the paint every year or two if you wanted to. Every brand is different but the maintenance is more or less the same. Prep the paint really well, coat the truck and keep it topped with a sealant for the best protection.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Coatings will change the look of a matte black decal but just ever so slightly. Coat over everything.