Cannot live with Roush raptor exhaust..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can't "void" your warrantee for changing exhaust or any modification. Some federal? Law that says that (google it). They can only deny a warrantee repair if what you did was a direct cause of the issue. I.e. Let's say you add tons of lights and wire them into the fuse panel directly and melt the fuse panel.

--john

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can't "void" your warrantee for changing exhaust or any modification. Some federal? Law that says that (google it). They can only deny a warrantee repair if what you did was a direct cause of the issue. I.e. Let's say you add tons of lights and wire them into the fuse panel directly and melt the fuse panel.

--john
Called Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. States that to deny a warranty claim you have to prove that the aftermarket modification directly caused the malfunction. Hard to do with any bolt on parts.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read the warranties that you purchase, it clearly states in the small print what they will cover and what they won't and what they will deny.
Everything is limited warranty, not unlimited.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a few things that you can do to fix the existing system. Your truck CAN sound BA deep into the throttle yet have the sound 'go away' on the highway;) And, it's actually pretty easy.

First, add a helmholtz resonator between the muffler and tailpipe. Explanation would require a few paragraphs, gimme a call if you would like to hear a summary of the physics that make this work: 760-877-4234

8992608896_508a218ecb.jpgUntitled by bamufflers, on Flickr

12258089886_3114b3343e.jpgFord raptor bolt on BAmufflers exhaust. by bamufflers, on Flickr
12257496935_bb818db053.jpgFord raptor bolt on BAmufflers exhaust. by bamufflers, on Flickr

12257917104_96eace0bd4.jpgFord raptor bolt on BAmufflers exhaust. by bamufflers, on Flickr

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think dirtydeeds just dropped some science on y'all. Lol

I'm looking at a Roush cat back right now for my 13. Maybe a don't need an electronic cut out after all. I would go for the Roush stage 2, but I'm not sure I want to trade 100hp for no warranty. Some guy has a Roush SC on eBay right now for $4k if anyone wants to giver a try.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Dirty Deeds setup on my truck. Sounds great when you mash the gas pedal and no drone at all when cruising on the highway.

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the drone of my roush exhaust and I was told to weld back in the resonator from the stock exhaust...it helped enough to make me happy with the sound now.

Was your roush catback exits from the back under the rear bumper or the side like the stock ones?

I am willing to wield back my stock resonators to my side-exit roush catback to reduce the drone Im getting, and its alot to the point I cant have a conversation with someone in the cabin. but I dont want to go spend the $$ before knowing that it will reduce the drone to a comfortable level, anyone has feedback if installing the stock resonator to a side-exit roush catback will reduce the drone same as it does to the rear-exit roush catback?

Last edited:

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was your roush catback exits from the back under the rear bumper or the side like the stock ones?

I am willing to wield back my stock resonators to my side-exit roush catback to reduce the drone Im getting, and its alot to the point I cant have a conversation with someone in the cabin. but I dont want to go spend the $$ before knowing that it will reduce the drone to a comfortable level, anyone has feedback if installing the stock resonator to a side-exit roush catback will reduce the drone same as it does to the rear-exit roush catback?

mine is a rear exit...while I don't have first hand experience with a side exit, id like to believe the resonator would still add good benefit being back in

darkstar1974

Reaction score
Have a 2014 and just had the rear exit exhaust installed today. Sounds great, I'm very happy with it.

Only problem is the tips don't exit straight back like in most pictures I've seen, they are angled to the right and one is a little hidden under the bumper. Had the work done at local Ford dealer (they handle Roush) and installer and he said that's how it lined up, he couldn't do anything to change that alignment. Is this common? Was one of the pipes bent poorly and that's causing this? Any ideas on what to do?

Thx

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2014 and just had the rear exit exhaust installed today. Sounds great, I'm very happy with it.

Only problem is the tips don't exit straight back like in most pictures I've seen, they are angled to the right and one is a little hidden under the bumper. Had the work done at local Ford dealer (they handle Roush) and installer and he said that's how it lined up, he couldn't do anything to change that alignment. Is this common? Was one of the pipes bent poorly and that's causing this? Any ideas on what to do?

Thx
I had a similar issue initially and roush sent me a new connector piece for the tips..that made it better, but not perfect.