Cannot live with Roush raptor exhaust..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the drone of my roush exhaust and I was told to weld back in the resonator from the stock exhaust...it helped enough to make me happy with the sound now. unfortunately I know you don't have an oem exhaust, so maybe roush or the dealer will help you locate a resonator regardless of that unfair warranty verbiage they gave you...good luck!

OP
OP
G

giof89

Reaction score
Thanks, TheJoker

giof89, I believe you fell under the salesman pitch that a Roush Raptor is fully Ford Warrantied.
In reality your Ford extended warranty is ok but not the drivetrain, the drivetrain is voided by Ford and is covered by Roush's Supplemental Drivetrain warranty.
It's the same deal with the Whipple.
I too get to keep my Ford 8 year/125,000 mile 0 deductible warranty that I purchased when I bought my Raptor in Texas 4 years ago.
You can't even get that in NY.

If your worried about warranty make sure you purchased the Roush extended Supplemental Powertrain warranty, because once that's up your on your own.
If you don't believe this you need to call Roush and have them explain your warranty.
And find out what your options are as far as changing something to the drivetrain that Roush covers.

Hassett Ford is an SVT dealership well was until Ford got rid of the program, they do most of the Roush SC Mustangs there, by word of mouth.
in fact they do most of all Fords high performance vehicles that are SC in the past be it Saleen, Kenne Bell, Magnuson, Whipple to name a few.
Before i paid about $2,800 extra for extended warranty 7 years /125k miles, my salesman made it clear to me that this covers everything on the truck. All Roush parts and all ford parts on the truck. At first i thought he was making a mistake as well as when he first told me roush phase 2 package cost $12,000 when i made the deal to buy the truck. He ended up selling it to me that way since it was his mistake of confusing the roush fx4 and raptor packages. I called Roush themselves and they told me roush only covers 3 years/36,000 miles only for roush parts. My dealer salesman tells me one thing, Roush says another, and on the forum it seems like every ford dealer has a different way of going about things with warranty on these trucks. I guess ill find out if i'm really covered when something goes wrong with supercharger after 36k miles..

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I glad you have it figured out.
The Supercharger itself, will out last the truck.
it's the drivetrain nobody wants to cover fully and with good understanding.
There was one guy that destroyed his SC Raptor twice and expected warranty just to pay out and to save face they did to the sum of $20,000, never heard from him again.
But your right every dealer is going to deal different than the next.
Since I bought mine and had it installed by the Ford dealer, I'll get treated differently then someone coming in raw.

Last edited:

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I cannot stand the drone. I thought I would get used to it but it bothers me more and more everyday. Sometimes I hear the humming in my sleep! Lol . I have a roush raptor 14 and had it for 2 months so far. The dealer tells me that I cannot change out the exhaust or even touch or modify it or else my warranty will be taken off. I had even purchase an extended warranty which they say covers all roush parts as well. I thought I can live with it but I'm starting to regret the decision and maybe I should of just got a quiet stock raptor. Don't get me wrong, the sound of this truck under hard acceleration makes me smile every time. Is there any guys out here in NY Long Island or NYC that could advise me maybe to getting service to another dealer or something? Thanks

Well, it would be a sacrifice for me but I could do it for a fellow FRF member. I will trade you trucks. :favorites13:

Seriously though, I hope you find a resolution to your drone issue. My went through a couple exhausts on my Hayabusa before I found the right note to suit my taste and not be obnoxious... and leave my ears ringing after a Saturday spirited ride.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Roush exhaust drones pretty bad. I was following a guy with one on the freeway and it sounded like my truck was droning :crazy:

As for how adding in a resonator could void the warranty seems a bit crazy to me.

D

Deleted member 12951

Doesn't the roush exhaust exit out the rear under the bumper? I thought drone happens mainly when it doesn't exit out from under the truck.

Can't you get a cat-back of something you like and just put the Roush one back on whenever you have to take it to the dealership? The same concept of changing a tune back to stock.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Roush exhaust drones pretty bad. I was following a guy with one on the freeway and it sounded like my truck was droning :crazy:

As for how adding in a resonator could void the warranty seems a bit crazy to me.

It drones a lot more than the stock, but I like it. At freeway speeds I can barely hear it unless I am going up an incline. Taking off from a stop, the darn thing is about twice as loud as stock.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Doesn't the roush exhaust exit out the rear under the bumper? I thought drone happens mainly when it doesn't exit out from under the truck.

Can't you get a cat-back of something you like and just put the Roush one back on whenever you have to take it to the dealership? The same concept of changing a tune back to stock.

Trust me, it drones a lot more than stock, even though it exits out the rear. Maybe a bedrug will help?