CADILLAC Escalade or Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the new ride for you or the wife? If it's for you, get the Raptor. If it's for the wife, get the Escalade... If you are leaning towards the Escalade, look at the Porsche instead. Better ride for about the same amount of money. My wife had an Escalade and after 4 years the ride became really soft, like you were on a boat....She didn't like it. The brakes began to suck too

OP
OP
C

calmsoul

Reaction score
porsche?

Mostly, for my wife. I built the Raptor came out to 62k. Escalade premium will be about 75k brand new. Porsche Cayene? i believe they have new model coming out soon.

I guess i will have to test drive the porsche but its smaller than the other two.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your wife won't notice the size after she drives it. They drive really nice...especially the turbo models. Better trade in value too.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure when a married guy asks the forum opinion....so let me get it straight you gonna point the finger at the forum and tell your wife its the forums fault?
REAL MEN DRIVE BIG TRUCKS. I always see "desperate" house wives zipping around in this escalades and porches and what not, they all blend together after a while.
Also you gonna get kicked in the balls if you dear to cross the MAN line and buy and escalade. Depreciation on this **** would kill you. Raptors like a lot of trucks RETAIN the resale value like crazy compared to SUVs. Have the money to burn you will find out at judgement day in the dealership. "You said my escalade is worth what?" lol

Raptor that's what you want to buy even if you do not get off road. Its a great truck to drive daily my friend. and would fit more of your junk than the escalade, you can do more with it. Go look at the mirror slap yourself and say "am I nuts for even deciding between the two?"

Raeyn

Reaction score
Mostly, for my wife. I built the Raptor came out to 62k. Escalade premium will be about 75k brand new. Porsche Cayene? i believe they have new model coming out soon.

I guess i will have to test drive the porsche but its smaller than the other two.

if you are considering Porsche, try Macan too. For that price you can get a Macan GTS. It's smaller but a lot of powers and fun.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're serious....my wife drives a 2016 Escalade as her daily and she loves it...I can't stand the damned thing. Two completely different automobiles, so I'd suggest you go drive the Cadillac for more than 5 minutes.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Where do you live? Our dealer is awesome to deal with and they give us every discount they can. Of course, we trade every 2 years so they love us.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. And by the way, this is the best question I've seen on FRF lol:

Purp_Escalade-211.jpg

That is horrible beyond words. My eyes are bleeding and I think I'm having a brain aneurysm.