Buying a raptor without Lead Frame Recall done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke0331

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am actively, potentially psychotically, searching for a 1st Gen. I have wanted one for a long long time and the time has come to add one to the stable.

As someone who has never owned a Ford before i'm unfamiliar with how most dealerships and recalls work on the Ford side. I own an FJ and a Tundra at the moment and with Toyota if a recall is issued, they normally don't put a mileage cap on it or at least that's been my experience. I have found a Raptor that i'm very close to picking up and it does not have the lead frame replacement done. The vehicle is at 140k miles and the owner has never experienced any issues with the transmission. Upon running the vin through Ford's website it says NO RECALLS but it does show the following (Below). The vehicle being over 10 years old does not qualify for the extended coverage.

How would you feel purchasing this vehicle? Would you only look at purchasing a Raptor that has the leadframe recall completed? Any input would be very very appreciated. Im so stoked to get into a Raptor and will undoubtably be behind the wheel of one within the next month or two at most. RPG is literally 3 blocks from my home and i'm planning on taking it to them for suspension upgrades to turn it into something really fun. Since i've made up my mind on the direction of the build I want to make sure the platform underneath it is solid so I can worry less about recalls/issues and focus on getting the modifications done sooner rather than later. Cheers!

recalls-warning.7a35ffa5561f930f609a813527c4d7fc.svg

Customer Satisfaction Programs **​

Description
Transmission molded leadframe extended coverage
Campaign#
19N01
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer for next steps.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need more details about the truck. Until about a month ago, '14 models didn't have a recall. Even so, its only a reprogram.

OP
OP
Luke0331

Luke0331

Reaction score
Need more details about the truck. Until about a month ago, '14 models didn't have a recall. Even so, its only a reprogram.

The truck is a 2013, has 140k miles. No issues per the owner. Hes done some mods to it, fuse 27, exhaust, wheels/tires. He had the shocks rebuilt about 20k miles ago. Hes willing to let it go for 26,000. Color is Terrain, 4 door. Other than a sunroof issue which was warrantied by Ford he says hes never had any issues at all. Hes in a gen 3 now so time to move his old raptor. I really love the color and its at the top of my list for color choices, with silver following and then black.

There is also a black raptor in my area for sale for 30K....this one has 95k miles. Fox 3.0 IBPs, method wheels, a warn winch, and some lighting but nothing majorly expensive. What do you think the better deal is?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based strictly on what I've read, 45K miles less for $4K wins, although I do like the unique terrain color too.

Eilither one of them have a service history?