Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazedAlpha

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, love this truck; but absolutely hate this entire process. I’ve tried to calm down and just be patient. But Fords whole process with the tracker and ETA’s that are unreliable, makes this process just suck! It is 2023 and you can just about track any ordered merchandise and see exactly where the item is , and have almost exact knowledge of a delivery date. I’m not sure I would agree with , the analogy that Amazon can do it; realistically this is a 6k truck. But FORD needs to fix this whole process, starting with tracking and FORD CS.
They just need to integrate Vin View with the shipping process to give more updated info. I talked to the Ford chat the other day since the FP chat was gone for the day, seems like they just check the same tracker we have access to and call it a day. Half the time they don't even bother to check other systems or even have access to them.

I get that they don't want to give people the most up-to-date info since there could be the whole issue of someone going fast and furious on them and stealing some of the trucks, but it's not that hard to associate an order with the identity of the person who placed it (it's called having an account lol). It's not like this is impossible, they just want to implement it! The auto industry and auto shipping industry just likes living in the past I guess.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just need to integrate Vin View with the shipping process to give more updated info. I talked to the Ford chat the other day since the FP chat was gone for the day, seems like they just check the same tracker we have access to and call it a day. Half the time they don't even bother to check other systems or even have access to them.

I get that they don't want to give people the most up-to-date info since there could be the whole issue of someone going fast and furious on them and stealing some of the trucks, but it's not that hard to associate an order with the identity of the person who placed it (it's called having an account lol). It's not like this is impossible, they just want to implement it! The auto industry and auto shipping industry just likes living in the past I guess.
Yeah, VIN View, integration, or give each ordering customer a guest login at the time of ordering with limited access. I just don’t understand how it literally takes a couple day to build a truck , but takes months to ship it.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week after tracker status changed to shipped I call Ford Marketing and they told me that it was received and off loaded from train at the local rail depot and a week later showed up at my dealer and I picked her up a couple of weeks ago on December 27. I was pretty lucky as the whole process took from 8/15/22 to 12/27/22.
This is what, I’m talking about. I’m happy that you have your truck. But I ordered mine in mid July. And I’m still waiting; it kills me that I saw some people ordered in September and October and already have their trucks. Just makes no sense , Ford has no reliability or consistency with this ordering process. I love these trucks. But this process may sway me away from Ford on future purchases.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what, I’m talking about. I’m happy that you have your truck. But I ordered mine in mid July. And I’m still waiting; it kills me that I saw some people ordered in September and October and already have their trucks. Just makes no sense , Ford has no reliability or consistency with this ordering process. I love these trucks. But this process may sway me away from Ford on future purchases.
A little clarification. My original order was placed January 4, 2022 and it rolled over to a 2023 in August but I don’t know if that had anything to do with it or I just got lucky!

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little clarification. My original order was placed January 4, 2022 and it rolled over to a 2023 in August but I don’t know if that had anything to do with it or I just got lucky!
Oh then that just sucks!! A 1 year wait is unacceptable. It’s not like it takes that long to build one; just mismanagement by FORD in general. I heard people waited even longer. But also saw guys in build weeks after mine, that have received their trucks. There should have been a pecking order, chronologically from when people ordered them. Look these trucks are a working man’s super car(truck) , and a lot of us had to save up for a decent down payment just to keep the payment affordable. While it’s not a Ferrari or Bugati; it my dream car ; my 50th birthday present. I just expected FORD to put a little more focus or attention to anyone that ordered a Ford Performance vehicle. The same as if you ordered a Ford GT. I don’t expect the red carpet treatment, just have a smooth timely process that keeps its customers in mind. While it’s not a $500k truck; $90k is a lot of money to me and I expected more transparency throughout the process. Not the sit and wait , “we’ll get to you whenever “ mentality. Just frustrating for anyone that ordered one these trucks.

I got so frustrated, I started calling around to dealerships with trucks; but they were parasites charging $20k above; now while the Raptors are awesome, they aren’t worth $20k above price.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out through FP that my truck did move from Dearborn to the Railyard Melvinville Michigan. I may have the city spelled incorrect. But the itinerary I received said it would go by truck to this rail yard and then to Wilmington Delaware. So the activity on Ford Pass (denied activation) shows it possibly moved.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine finally shipped. Before it shipped my ETA was Jan 23-29. Cross my fingers, hopefully I will see it soon. It’s shipping to NJ from Dearborn. So it shouldn’t take too long I hope.

EVOVII

Reaction score
Mine finally shipped. Before it shipped my ETA was Jan 23-29. Cross my fingers, hopefully I will see it soon. It’s shipping to NJ from Dearborn. So it shouldn’t take too long I hope.
woohoo congrats. Ford chat told me mine has arrived in Jackson,MS as of this morning (which is 1 hr from my dealer). So cautiously optimistic that this saga is nearing its end........hopefully I didn't just jinx it. By the way mine flipped to "shipped" last weekend so less than a week from MI to MS ain't bad.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woohoo congrats. Ford chat told me mine has arrived in Jackson,MS as of this morning (which is 1 hr from my dealer). So cautiously optimistic that this saga is nearing its end........hopefully I didn't just jinx it. By the way mine flipped to "shipped" last weekend so less than a week from MI to MS ain't bad.
Nice that’s awesome!!! I feel like a damn kid waiting for this truck. I’m really excited to take delivery. But probably gonna waiting a little while longer. But at least I know it’s moving now.

Congratulations again!!!