Build and Price is now live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which, unfortunately, is right after you wash/wax/polish. As soon as it moves a foot in any direction, instant dust. Too much OCD in my life for another black vehicle, plus they become nuclear hot in the southland.

Yep. I like all cars in black, including the raptor. But I have a g35 coupe, 911 turbo, and jag Xfr in black and it's a pain to keep up with. They get dusty in a few days even if I never pull them out of the garage. My red Ferrari or white jeep can go months and still look clean. The raptor will replace the jeep and be blue, but I realize blue is going to be tougher with dust than white but at least it's not a fourth black car!

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have said I only like black when it is clean and belongs to someone else. OCD as well.

The perfect statement. I had a black gt350 it was gorgeous for 20minutes at a time and took way to much effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be wasting time debating the subwoofer over what an online chat person stated. It is included in 802a.

The SONY sub woofer comes with 802A, not the Kicker. I did a lot of reading on upgrading this Sony sound system and the Kicker is not compatible with this SONY system head unit. For those not ordering the 802A Sony sound system there is a nice Kicker upgrade along with a bigger amp.

2015-2016 F150 Kicker VSS PowerStage Powered Subwoofer & Amp Kit PF150SC15

From Stage3

The main issue is that the Digital Signal Processor in the Kicker Amplifier included for the door speakers is not fully compatible with the Sony System head units, and would need custom wiring and potentially other components in order to work properly. The secondary issue is that the Sony door speaker amplifier is located on the Sony Subwoofer enclosure that the Kicker unit replaces.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SONY sub woofer comes with 802A, not the Kicker. I did a lot of reading on upgrading this Sony sound system and the Kicker is not compatible with this SONY system head unit. For those not ordering the 802A Sony sound system there is a nice Kicker upgrade along with a bigger amp.

2015-2016 F150 Kicker VSS PowerStage Powered Subwoofer & Amp Kit PF150SC15

From Stage3

The main issue is that the Digital Signal Processor in the Kicker Amplifier included for the door speakers is not fully compatible with the Sony System head units, and would need custom wiring and potentially other components in order to work properly. The secondary issue is that the Sony door speaker amplifier is located on the Sony Subwoofer enclosure that the Kicker unit replaces.

I bought and have a '14 lariat with this same Sony system and their sub, read the same about the Kicker not compatible (there is a lot of reading on interwebs). I ended up buying the amped Kicker and installed, its way better than the Sony sub, but still a lot to be desired as far as stereos go. No issues at all what-so-ever, I'd do it again, easy-peasy

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I suppose there could be a dramatic change from '14 to '15 and beyond, but I'm thinking not too likely. Either way, the Sony did blow and the Kicker blew a little less - both better than no woofa though.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought and have a '14 lariat with this same Sony system and their sub, read the same about the Kicker not compatible (there is a lot of reading on interwebs). I ended up buying the amped Kicker and installed, its way better than the Sony sub, but still a lot to be desired as far as stereos go. No issues at all what-so-ever, I'd do it again, easy-peasy

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I suppose there could be a dramatic change from '14 to '15 and beyond, but I'm thinking not too likely. Either way, the Sony did blow and the Kicker blew a little less - both better than no woofa though.

Did you buy the same kicker fro this link? This one has an additional amp for the center speaker.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com//P...VSS-PowerStage-Powered-Subwoofer-Amp-Kit.html

There is also a kicker, like the one Ford sells, with just the amp for the sub.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com//SF150SC15-2015-F150-Kicker-VSS-Substage-Powered-Subwoofer-Kit.html

According to stage3 neither are compatible with the Sony head unit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing