Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like it was said before, a simple pinched wire or messed up sensor could be their electrical issue. Thats not a horrible breakdown by any means. Ive been in situations were my gas pedal sensor stopped working which put the car in limp mode. All I had to do was clean the sensor and ****, fixed.

You're absolutely right. But the vagueness of the statement leaves so many possibilities.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems like lots of hate going on here. I've spent time with Greg at the Raptor events for the past 4 years, and he has always been a wealth of knowledge and eager to lend a hand.

Now, I"m curious as anyone to see how the new truck does, but if you stop for a second and think about 143 miles (3.5 TRR laps) in under 5 hours, in what is for the most part a stock truck (external valved fox 3.0's), cage and fuel cell.

I've done TRR 4 times in a truck that has close to 70 grand of work on top of the truck, and doing a TRR lap in an hour twenty in a mostly stock truck is pretty amazing. And that's with just raptors chewing up the track, not full out TT trucks making the whoops look like mountains.

Maybe everyone should chill a bit, and walk a mile (or drive 143) in his shoes.

feel free to direct all flames here ---->DucatiSPS

No hate on my part. I want them to beat on it, not baby it and tell me they are beating on it.

A 'stock' 2017 Raptor is equal to a headers/tune/exhaust gen 1 with 3.0s and I know most of you crazy bastards would be driving harder than an avg of 28mph if you were out there.

What I want is for Ford Performance to step up and give us a significant upgrade not more marketing hype.

Like many folks on here, I've got over 100k in my gen 1, so if I'm going to buy a gen 2, they need to impress me.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I want is for Ford Performance to step up and give us a significant upgrade not more marketing hype.

Like many folks on here, I've got over 100k in my gen 1, so if I'm going to buy a gen 2, they need to impress me.

Significant upgrade over the Gen 1? That would be WAY overpriced and Ford knows that.

And of coarse youre not going to be impressed when you have over $100k into your Gen 1, they are not trying to impress people like you, they are trying to impress the average consumer.

Your truck is going to kill most everything out there because its highly modded, its pretty damn impossible to impress people with that sort of investment in their truck.

Right now the Gen 1 or Gen 2 is the best stock offroad truck offered by any company on the market and thats all Ford needs.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Significant upgrade over the Gen 1? That would be WAY overpriced and Ford knows that.

And of coarse youre not going to be impressed when you have over $100k into your Gen 1, they are not trying to impress people like you, they are trying to impress the average consumer.

Your truck is going to kill most everything out there because its highly modded, its pretty damn impossible to impress people with that sort of investment in their truck.

Right now the Gen 1 or Gen 2 is the best stock offroad truck offered by any company on the market and thats all Ford needs.

I didn't mean to imply I wanted a comparable improvement, I was trying to say that many of us spent money fixing silly shit that should have been addressed from the factory. I guess I was thinking it but didn't type it.

My hope is that some of that silly shit will be addressed in the gen 2, IWEs for example. That's what I was alluding to when I said I wanted them to beat on it.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate it and I've been open about that so there's no question lol, like I said I want it to fail. I feel like ford deliberately designed this truck for me not to like lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't needed my hata blockaz this bad in my entire life. Geez. I think by "anti-ford camp" they meant FRF.

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
I hate it and I've been open about that so there's no question lol, like I said I want it to fail. I feel like ford deliberately designed this truck for me not to like lol.

Wait what is it that you hate about it?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait what is it that you hate about it?

It's not one thing, it's a bunch of different things I dislike. In no particular order.

1. Hate the new grill, looks cartoonish and the front camera makes it look like it has a tiny **** hanging off of it.

2. Don't like the aluminum, on a sports car great, on a truck I'm going to beat on, too expensive to repair and I don't know how to work with aluminum.

3. the squarish sharp looking fenders bother me, it's like the ford equivalent to the gm square wheel wells.

4. The motor, it may be stupid but I want a big American v8 in an American truck.

5. The motor, too many working parts to fail on a tt setup.

6. The transmission, with what I've seen of fords shift logic I feel like 10 speeds can only make it worse. Again more working parts to fail

7. All these new driving modes just seem like fancy do dads and I imagine will come with all sorts of new nannies.

8. Stop start is dumb.

9. Sounds like shit.

10. Just generally don't like it's appearance.

I'll stop with 10 but I'm sure if I really thought about it I could come up with a couple dozen.

I do like the interior though.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the truck broke. Speculate away. However, they should be upfront and open with the malfunction. The secrecy leads me to believe it's a bigger issue than they're willing to disclose.

Was the course a challenge on the truck. Hell yeah it was. A fully modded stage 1000 raptor would get the **** knocked out of it out there.

No way TRR has anything on the terrain at a BITD race. So I would say they have their work cut out for them. Better button up those kidney belts.

Ballsy move on ford to debut this truck there. So far not so good. Good news for me is that truck will eat the speed bumps at Starbucks for breakfast. My "Triple S" Gen 2 aka Silent Starbucks Stomper will be finishing every drive through race she enters so I'm good.

Now the gen 2 fanboys, just chill already. It's okay that it didn't finish the race and we can all accept the fact that maye the malfunction was major and maybe it wasn't. Shit, $500K race trucks have catastrophic failures too and don't finish races. Now.... Commence the unwad of the *******.

:tizzle:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now the gen 2 fanboys, just chill already. It's okay that it didn't finish the race and we can all accept the fact that maye the malfunction was major and maybe it wasn't. Shit, $500K race trucks have catastrophic failures too and don't finish races. Now.... Commence the unwad of the *******.

:tizzle:

You kidding me? Most of the Gen 2 "fanboys" are happy they are testing and breaking shit. It seems the Gen 1 owners are the ones chomping at the bit to find any excuse to talk shit about the Gen 2.

Im glad shit broke and they can hopefully fix it and move on. The Gen 1 owners are happy it broke to reinforce their biased belief that the Gen 2 is a piece of crap mall crawler. It feels like some Gen 1 owners want it to fail and are happy it is for no real reason other than its the Gen 2.

And enough with the conspiracy theories, this isnt the government, its Ford. ***** broken so hopefully they find it and fix it and we can all move on.