Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like a flatter design

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

had to fit that inner cooler in there

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, clearly I'm not in a mood to work this morning...

NG%20Raptor%20Front%20Outline_zpsli14a5xi.jpg

OG%20Raptor%20Front%20Outline_zps38jytume.jpg

I'm surprised at just how similar the two are. I think the sharper cut outs on the 'shoulders' of the hood are what make the new Raptor seem smaller.

The angle of the photo could have something to do with the skid plate seeming lower, but everything else seems to line up pretty well, so I don't know.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty cool stuff right there. Love that they overlay so closely together and just bolsters my feeling that I really like the Gen 1 so much more compared to the Gen 2.....

I'm with Zeke, when you have the time I would be curious to see some side and rear comparisons if you have the pics to make it happen.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These photos don't line up quite as well, but good enough I guess. I think the second photo is taken from a higher angle which makes the cab seem taller. Either that or the wheelbases are different which would throw my scale off. First shot is also closer to the truck, which I think is making the nose look stubbier than it really is. Someone else will have to do the rear...

NG%20Raptor%20Side%20Outline_zpsdql2v0za.jpg

OG%20Raptor%20Side%20Outline_zpsh1mddmkl.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
We just started a couple new bumpers for the 17 Raptor, they look great on this new body style. As with most new trucks, I think people will start coming around once they start getting modified. Thats how I usually feel with a new truck atleast.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like they made it a big shorter in overall length. Guess I have to trade mine in so it will fit with stock bumpers and maybe some aftermarket, once they are made!

Just Kidding!!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
It looks like they made it a big shorter in overall length. Guess I have to trade mine in so it will fit with stock bumpers and maybe some aftermarket, once they are made!

Just Kidding!!

Right now my Raptor barely fits in my garage... I have very little room for error. Looks like the 17+ will have some extra room.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
fit

Right now my Raptor barely fits in my garage... I have very little room for error. Looks like the 17+ will have some extra room.

I know what you mean. I had to get a LEX Baja Brute made without the step over the plate to get mine to fit. That and cut out an opening in the drywall for the license plate lights and spare tire lock to fit. That way I have about 1" to spare at garage door.