Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I look closer youre right. Do you think they would put a bunch of lights in front of the intercooler though? Doesnt seem like a very good idea but I could be wrong.

My old Saab had zero airflow for the intercooler. It sat behind the driver side headlight in the engine bay. In a box. I think it was supposed to get some air channeled up from below, but it was wedged in there pretty tight from what I remember. So it's not necessary, though of course the more you cool the air the higher max boost you can get.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who else is driving besides Foutz? Can't read other name.

Tim? Tim Conner/???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets just hope it does better then the Ford GT at Daytona 24 h nothing went right for them there! so there is hope for us 6.2L faithful :baby:

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who else is driving besides Foutz? Can't read other name.

Tim? Tim Conner/???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1201 Greg Foutz (45) Mesa, AZ,
Tim Casey (52) Brea, CA,
Bill Rante (53) Fullerton, CA,
Travis Leach (30) Mesa, AZ,

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2016 Ford Award – Ford Motor Company has announced the 2016 F-150 Ford EcoBoost Performance Award. Thank you Ford for being the only vehicle manufacture involved in off-road desert racing, we appreciate your participation. Racers, check this out and make sure to race a Ford to be eligible for the very generous Ford Award. Support the people that support off-road desert racing!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lets just hope it does better then the Ford GT at Daytona 24 h nothing went right for them there! so there is hope for us 6.2L faithful :baby:

Well technically nothing went wrong with the motors in the Ford GT Rolex cars, they both had the same transmission problem and one had its brakes ****** up by the pit crew. One of the Ecoboost powered DP cars placed 5th overall so Id say thats pretty good.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well technically nothing went wrong with the motors in the Ford GT Rolex cars, they both had the same transmission problem and one had its brakes ****** up by the pit crew. One of the Ecoboost powered DP cars placed 5th overall so Id say thats pretty good.

It did but it was like 11 laps down.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Now that I look closer youre right. Do you think they would put a bunch of lights in front of the intercooler though? Doesnt seem like a very good idea but I could be wrong.

Will be running bull bar full time and intercooler is still located behind it.